why is he ignoring me?

okay, so here's the deal. it's been over 3 days since i've talked to my boyfriend. he hasn't been picking up his phone or answering my text messages. this is unusual. before this, lately he's been a little distant, but at least still picks up his phone, and he's admitted he's been feeling a little displaced and all. but he is ignoring my phone calls. i stopped trying after a day and a half. and i know he's still alive and nothing happened to him (god forbid) because usually on my way to work, i take the bus and the bus route passes by where he works and today i know he works(he's a fireman so he works every 4 days) and i saw his car parked in front of the firehouse. i spoke to some friends and some say maybe he just needs space, but at least he can tell me or something and i'd give him his space. there's been times in the past where he's ignored me but he has "reasons" whether they were legit or not, such as he was mad at me. but this is out of the blue.

what should i do? my friends said i should just wait for him to contact me and to leave him be, because he will eventually call me.

Hmm, I don't like that. It is rude, disrespectful and rather immature.

I have to say it does not "look good". Sure, there may be a REASON but to not even give you notice he is busy and can't talk for a couple days is really..dumb.

How long have you been together? It sounds to me he is trying to get "out" without having the decency to actually tell you.

well, i know he has been quite busy lately, but not too busy to even say "hi, i can't talk." we actually have been together for only about 4 months, but i feel we did alot within those 4 months. and it may seem like he's trying to get out of the relationship without telling me (not exactly defending him) but he's "broken up" with me before and of course the next day we got back together but if he did that then, why wouldn't he just tell me now instead of ignoring me?

I agree with Raykay.

Over 3 days?!?! That's just not the way you should treat someone you care about. And like I posted on someone else's thread, you are never too busy to either write a short email or call someone you care about just to let them know you are thinking about them.. and gosh, to let them know you are still alive!

And like Raykay said, this can't be a good thing. You don't ignore someone for no reason. But it's so immature to not talk to your girlfriend for 3 days and not give them a reason.

You don't deserve this kind of behavior. Obviously there isn't much you can do if he won't talk to you or answer your calls. So you might have to wait for him to contact you. Maybe you could try getting ahold of one of his friends to see what they think?

You've only been together four months, and this isn't the first time he's ignored you? And he's also broken up with you previously? And his friends are hinting he needs space?

I guess I don't understand why you'd even want to hold on to this guy. Sounds like this relationship is a dud, sorry. Even if someone wants to get out of a relationship, they owe the other person the courage and honesty to tell them so. I agree with the other posters - you deserve better than this. Don't you agree?

Yup, I agree with Scout & kellbell.

Given the "history" in that four months (this is supposed to be the honeymoon stage, when he is on his "BEST behaviour"! If this is his best behaviour...hmmm)....

I really think he is trying to extricate himself from this relationship. Even if he isn't and he is just being a jerk...do you really want a jerk as your boyfriend?

well not his friends. one of my guy friends said he probably needs his space. i actually don't have any contact information for any of his friends. i mean, there was only one time actually where he ignored me for like a day, which i have to admit is partially my fault because i mislead him to thinking i was cheating on him and that lead him to "breaking up" with me. and either way, only time is on my side right now. even if were to break up with him, i've not going to text him or leave a voicemail to do that.

I can understand that. But you know, he's not being respectful to you. This is one of those situations where if you want to break up with him, you should do it now in any way that you can. He's not making it easy for you to talk to him and that's totally unfair.

• 1 year later...

I've been reading post after post on here and i've found someone in exactly the same situation as me. My boyfriend has been ignoring me for the past 2 days and everything was fine before that. I had no idea this was going to happen, although he's done the same things such as break up with me before like this. Can i just ask what happened? Did he contact you in the end?