I really have no reason to be complaining

...I'm just needing to vent....I do realize that what I've got is a good situation and I really have no reason to complain - but I just need to vent about my work/school situation.

I have my associates in business but stopped going to school for 2 years because business is not what I wanted to do with my life...so for those 2 years I was waiting to find my inspiration...meanwhile I started working for eBay - yes I actually work for them...we have a support center here in Salt Lake City. For the first year I worked in the office...had a great time and all that...then they offered some telecommuting opportunities because we were running out of office space because of our extreme growth...so I started working at home 2 years ago. They gave me a laptop and I work my 8 hours a day at home...the first year was GREAT!!! During this time I also finally figured what I wanted to "do" with my life...

This past January I finally started going to the university and I'm pursuing dual degress in Philosophy and Psychology...it's great...and working at home is PERFECT while attending school...it really is.

My problem is here....because I work full time (I have to btw because I can't afford to live otherwise) I can only take 2-3 classes a semester...I could try 4 but I feel I might be sacrificing quality of my work for quantity of classes. So the pace of my schooling is going to go REALLY slowly...after summer semester is over I'll have like 83 credits left to take before graduating. At a rate of 3 classes a semester and 3 credits each that's going to be 9-10 more semesters equaling 3 more years of school....UGH...I'll be 28 by the time I graduate...

ON top of this I am SERIOUSLY sick of my job. I've been doing my same exact job for 2 years straight...it's to the point where I can do it in my sleep...problem is I've become specialized that I'm basically the expert in my department and I get paid extremely well for sitting on my * * * all day doing busy work to me...I actually watch movies and TV while I'm working - it's that boring - to me at least - there are others waiting to jump at my position so I'm not wanting to give it up - even though I hate it...it's like such a double standard! I've even thought about applying for another position and going back into the office...but I've become so accustomed to working at home that I feel if I did go back into the office I'd want to come home again - it's like such a catch 22....I hate myself for debating this back and forth in my head.

My BF keeps telling me I have a great gig going on and I just need to make it till I'm done with school and I'll be fine again...but dangit I'm a person who's used to feeling busy and interacting with people...working at home drains me cause I rarely interact with co-workers more than twice a month when I visit the office. I know I need to tough it out...I think fall semester I might just try the 4 class thing and see if that helps, cause then I'll have more work to focus on and keep my brain engaged.

Anyways - just had to vent it out...bottom line is I'll stick with what I have and complain about it a bit but in the end I really do realize how lucky I am to be in the position I'm in.

I agree with your bf, you see wherever you work it always seem to suck. Life never seems to turn out into exactly what you want it, so my advice is to HOLD ON!, even tho its hard. Stop questioning the decision you made 2 years ago, it was the best decision for you to make so continue as your bf says you should.

The meaning and goal of life is to love and help others, so preferably you should orientate your life towards that.

Situations like this are always a case of 'holding your breath' , you should rest assured that what you are in now is only a 'temporarily condition'.