Who have been hurt, been in emotionally, physically, and/or verbally abusive relationships:

It doesn't end here.

For all those times when he:

* Let you down, put you down, cussed at you, yelled at you.

* Made you feel as though you were nothing.

* Gave you cold stares, empty looks of love or care.

* The way he looked at you made you feel so isolated and alone.

* The way he spoke to you in a condescending tone.

* They way he exploded, yelled at you when you needed someone to confide in.

* The way he didn't respect your opinions and made you doubt yourself.

* The way he snooped around.

* The way he made you feel unworthy.

Basically, the way he made you feel dehumanized

...There are better guys out there who WILL treat you right, who will make plans, who will make you feel special, who will let you know that they're thinking about you, who will make the effort to brighten your day. There are guys out there who will treat you with class and respect.

I just came out of a very emotionally and verbally abusive relationship. I've had a string of abusive relationships that included physical abuse and since I've been recently single, I was able to meet truly nice guys who treat me right. It makes me feel good.

Just want to let you know that if you're in a relationship that makes you feel like crap about yourself, there is a guy out there who will make you feel like you're worth something. But you must first look inside and see that you're worth it, to move on from the jerk who pulled you down and finally wake up and say, "Hey. I'm worth it! Someone out there thinks so, too!"

To all those who are healing from a breakup of an abusive relationship, you will find better. Don't loose hope!

Beautiful. Absolutely inspiringly beautiful. Thanks for sharing that *diamond*; I wish I had read something like that when I was going through an emotionally abusive relationship. Take heed, ladies who are still having a hard time in this kind of spot, it is tough to get out of, but you can do it bit by bit, especially when you read something like this. Re-learn to love, respect, and inspire yourself and someone worthy will love you how you truly need and deserved to be loved.

Thank you Alyira,

I'm glad you found this thread helpful. I hope that for all the ladies who think they're not good enough, or who are stuck in relationships with guys who don't love them, I hope that they will love themselves enough to wake up and pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get the hell out of that relationship.

It takes a while to break away from abuse, because once the cycle starts: all the shouting, cussing, screaming, neglect, mean looks, intentional isolation starts, that's when women doubt themselves. That's when we slowly lose ourselves and who we are. It literally is a dehumanizing experience..

And for all the men who stay with women they don't love, please STOP. Just stop. It takes a real man to break up with a woman, appropriately, instead of stringing her along and making her feel like garbage. Have some respect here.

For all the nice guys, keep on being you because we need men who know how to treat women right.

For all the people who abuse, neglect, cheat, and take advantage of their partners: It hurts! But you will never know, until you have a daugther or son, and all of your bad karma comes back to haunt you!