what do guys like to talk about?

Hi there. I don't think there are universal topics that all "guys" like to talk about. But one thing that usually works with many people, whether male or female, is if you ask them questions about themselves. (Not in the form of an interrogation, but casually) It let's the person know you are interested in getting to know them better. Then you can take the opportunity to tell him more about you too.

There are some people who don't like talking on the phone much, and you can usually detect that pretty quickly. Some people are much more talkative in person. You'll have to detemermine if he's that type.

BellaDonna

I don't know many guys who actaully LIKE talking on the phone... so mabye that's your problem right there. I never attempt to actaully have a conversation over the phone, only to make plans because i, myself, find it rather akward.

I would suggest just talking to guys in person, its a lot easier and less akward.

Topics to talk about will depend on the guy your talking to, but i would agree that asking them questions about themselves would/should be a good way to get them talking and then you guys can hopefully find commun interests.

Find common ground.

You go to school together? Talk about school, classes, homework, teachers, etc.

You work together? Same idea.

Talk about everyday stuff; movies, TV, music, hobbies, etc.

Just keep it casual and if he's interested, he'll reciprocate in the discussion which will ease things.

Talk about anything. I know personally, which may sound odd, that hearing you talk about your day and stuff like that can be very relaxing. I like to hear a female's voice and their perspective on even the most common of topics, there are things that make women unique. If it is constantly negative, that can be bad, but even what you watched on TV and liked, what you did for lunch, anything.