Okay, I've totally took the plunge and joined okcupid.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't think my mum would mind much, since I've spoken to her about it again, and she just said it's totally up to you, it's just that she worries, she thinks they could turn out to be some weirdo or whatever.

I wouldn't have even imagened myself doing this a month ago, together with thinking about joining college. Although I still can get very anxious or shy.

Now, three possible profiles.

Either the excellent one that slightlybent gave me.

One where I'm just being myself, asking that I'd like to date, sex, whatever.

Or the same as above but be brutaly honest and talk about how much of a loser I am, and a virgin with no experience and no women want me.

I guess the third could invite a lot of girls playing pranks though.

If you are not sure about yourself or how to describe yourself, then maybe using the profile that someone helped you write is a good idea. A profile is kind of like a resume where you use it to "hook" in prospective dates (employers) and then you sell yourself when you talk to the person on the phone or in person. I am a big advocate of making the profile (resume) the best you can make it, whether you write it yourself or someone else does it for you.

Now that you bring that up, I wish someone could help me write up a dating profile for me. I have no idea how to describe myself in flattering ways to attract guys.

If you use the profile that talks about you being a loser and depressed and all that, you are going to REPEL girls instead of attract them. SO DONT USE THAT ONE>

Good for you, I hope you get some connections going. You are a nice looking guy, I think you will have no problems.

There is a site, that you might no about already. It is at link removed . ON this site your friends can get on there and be a helper, its where they view profiles and your behalf and send you a recommendation to look at certain people that they think fit your style. It is kind of neat. My son met his current girlfriend on there.

Nicely done, I hope it pays off for you. ts a decent site, been on it a while myself.

Knowing the type of advice slightlybent gives, use his suggestions.

PS. Use the pic you've got for your new avatar. I'm not gay but if I was....

Holy I'm kidding. But use that pic.

Nicely done, I hope it pays off for you. ts a decent site, been on it a while myself.

Knowing the type of advice slightlybent gives, use his suggestions.

PS. Use the pic you've got for your new avatar. I'm not gay but if I was....

Holy I'm kidding. But use that pic.

I really don't know what pic to use yet, I just hope the one I use is accurate.

I would be very cautious using a profile someone else wrote for me for the simple fact that.....it is not me. An email or two and most girls will be able to figure out that you didnt write it. Get someone to write you a profile and tweak it to give it your flavour and tweak it often to see what kind of results you get. Remember you are trying to learn how to present yourself. The only way to learn is to try different thigns.

Here is some intereaction between someone asking for advice on stteting up their profile on a dating site and PocoDiablo sets her straight on how to do it:

And here is more with Poco talking about how to respond or initiate conversation with someone else in order to stand out from any average joe:

How do you make a connection, just message someone?

Answer the "improve matches" questions, they figure the matches for you.

Browse the matches then look at and compare "tests", you need to take some.

Before you even say anything about percentages, my best match is only 73%

I use the same name on OKCupid, mine scares a lot of women away lol.

link removed