Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to master the internet dating game.

How to master the internet dating game.

The internet site I usually use is 'lavalife', and I have a profile on the dating section. I have recently gone on 'smiley-blitzes', that means indiscriminately sending smileys out to anyone, and usually yield low returns - ie maybe a couple of smileys per thirty given out, or one in fifteen.

The thing with this site, is you are paying for each message on a credit basis, that you are sending out. However, I prefer this site to a free site, because the site is generally well maintained, and I did net two real live dates when I was seriously looking for it.

My intentions for now is just to gain experience, and try to develop some skills as it pertains to attracting, flirting, rapping, dating and seducing women I'm attracted to (and probably lots of other guys)

My question is this - do you mainly send mails out to people, or wait for a return smiley before sending out a mail - or is it expected that an interested girl will simply contact you first, and if she doesn't do that, then something is wrong with the profile, or the picture simply is not good-looking enough.

This could get pricey, and I'm thinking of spending $ 50.00 to send out some more maileys (200 credits worth). Who usually initiated when it comes to mails. Now I know, another dating expert says, if the profile and picture are done right, then the guy should be getting the mails first. I dont know what to believe or expect here.

hmmmmm..... Haven't tried the INTERNET dating sights. Too Scary. Buyer beware..

Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    I have tried internet dating like with sites like link removed or Yahoo Personals. It has been quite a long time since I've done internet dating. Most of the people I met on there were not exactly date material. Had some weird encounters as well as some real shallow people who, when they first saw me, were real turned off by my height, even though I had stated in my profile that I was only 4'5" tall.

Otherwise, I think if you put a good pic as well as a good description up, you should attract people who would write you. No need to come off as desperate and write a bunch of women. Have some confidence in yourself and it will shine in your profile.

Deleted by user
    Last edited by wlfpack81; 04-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.

I'm starting to feel the same way about interent dating.It sucks and alot of crazy people online.

Originally Posted by renaissancewoman101
    Otherwise, I think if you put a good pic as well as a good description up, you should attract people who would write you. No need to come off as desperate and write a bunch of women. Have some confidence in yourself and it will shine in your profile.
    Well nobody has sent a mail to me before except over a year ago, and I may get an occasional smiley, but certainly nobody is paying to send mail to me.

I'm afraid your advice is not specific enough, but thanks for the effort.
    Last edited by Luke Skywalker; 04-29-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Well, I guess I should ask, has anyone read any good books about internet dating, or had any good e-books that they have purchased, that has really made a difference with them?

Originally Posted by wlfpack81
    Internet dating sucks IMO unless you're a female since most on these sites are guys anyways. As Shadow Light put it buyer beware!!!

Yeah, that's what some dating guru's would say.

I have gotten 'dates' from the system - just bad matches - no chemistry either on my end, or her end, or both. Well, I guess you cant help the 'matches' part except, just at least dealing with people you feel you will have chemistry with, while at the same time, not being too close minded about the process.

I suppose, I just want to be more successful at it. If you are getting dates in the context of poverty of attention, then it seems to be just a set up for disaster - like the thread where I may take one person that I like who is taking me on a bit too seriously - because she is the only person in the world on that site that is taking me on that I like, and boof, train-wreck.

I mean, I may have a 'drip-drip-drip' of feedback after sending a whole bunch of smileys, while on the other hand, girls there may have a whole bunch of smileys and mails from guys that they dont even have time to deal with, and unless you really come out on top, wont likely get anything back.

I have just set an order for a set of books from the library pertaining to this subject. I guess the thread was too general to get anything.

"Internet Dating (Find Your Mate in 90 Days or Less)" by David Abernathy 2004 is a good book.
    I think you have to keep in mind.Some online people do not like to pay a fee to join an online dating site.Some online people don't check their account either after they join an online dating site.That means some of your smiley went unanswered not because of rejection.It's because of the fee.People.

Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice