Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: won't tell me his last name!

Oops. I meant to clarify "meeting". At least make sure he is who he says he is by either webcam, or over the phone.

She didn't say anything in her post about meeting him. And I am still not convinced it is a good idea to give out information that can too readily identify you even when you meet - which is why you should only meet in a public place and take necessary precautions.

Suppose you went to meet someone and it turns out they were some sort of stalker - the last thing you would want is for them to be able to find you.

During the times I have been on the dating sites online, I have never given out my last name or where I live. I think you can not be too careful when meeting people online.

I think until you've met in the real world(in a public place), names and specifics should not be exchanged. Too many weirdos out there to take a chance like that. Now it could also be that he is afraid of something, perhaps that you will track him down only to find out he is married or 14! Keep your eyes open and use common sense, it sounds like he is.

RC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice