how to say "ur hair looks bad!" !!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to agree with the men here. Just as I would hate it if my s/o told me to dress more preppy because my tomboy look wasn't "in" (has happened before and guess who I'm not with anymore?), I'm sure any man would hate being treated with the same kind of disrespect. Yes, I am going so far as to say this kind of treatment is disrespect. Why? Because you are not respecting this person's individuality, the things that help make them who they are, the things that makes them the person you love.

We, as women, have fought for our independence and now have it, let's try not to take away a man's independence in the process. We know how much being controlled by a gender-dominated society sucks. It'd be stupid to just reverse roles. We'd be going backwards then.

if it makes him feel good and attractive, wheres the issue? would you wear your hair that way? no. but he likes it, and it makes him happy, what moe matters?

my boyfriend has absolutely not a care in the world about what he wears. now personally, i would love nothing more to see him in a white t-shirt and jeans. but his styles usually just wife beaters. now do i really care what he wears? nah. it makes him feel good, and that reflects on his attitude and personality, so you just let it be and realise you may have certain styles he doesn't like on you either.

Although I didn't want to get back into this I just wanted to tell you guys who all thought I was SOO horrible, and made me feel like I had to apoligize I asked my b/f to read this and he couldn't stop laughing. He said that this is such a trivial little matter it's rediculus to have what 7 pages of argument. He told me that he likes his hair long and he didn't cut it just because I asked him to or that I think he looks better with it cut, he did it because it was getting long and getting in the way when he was playing hockey. He wouldn't have cut it just if I had told him to. He doesn't care if he cut it because he knows it can grow back! It's only hair! BUT guess what all you men out there who think all these women are too controlling. When I met my b/f I had short hair and he asked me to grow it long to see how it looked. I told him it looked bad long, but I would grow it out because I was already planning on growing it out, it took months but it finally grew long and we both agreed that we didn't like it and it was cut short again.

I think the point is if you both love each other you can agree to compromise. Why don't you just ask him that ONE time he doesn't get his hair straighten before he goes out, and then work from there? He should be able to agree to one time, and let him choose when it is, don't force the issue because it shouldn't be a big deal, if you love him, you should let things go. But you should also have an input on what you like and don't like whether it's about him, or about a tv show you don't like. If you never say you don't like things, then you are not being yourself. Like what you like, don't like what you don't like, but he should have the same ability to make his own opinions and suggestions. If you can't respect him criticizing something about you or your style, then don't criticize him.

lol, this guy's hair will fall out if he discovers how much it's the topic of discussion!

i recently chowdered a comment to a female friend of mine about her hair, so i have reflected on the subject somewhat. i told her, "know how i like your hair? with the bangs over one eye like it was the other day." i could tell from her face that i made her feel self-conscious about the way it was at the time that i made the comment. what i wish i had said was, "know what my favorite style is for nice hair like yours?"

subtle difference, but far less insulting imo.

am the original poster..last saturday we were goin clubbing and he DID NOT straighten his hair..apparentlyhe realized it boithered me and was trying to show me he understands.i really appreciated it.and when we were lookin at our photos he said he thought his hair looked nice that night..he said we would alternate: one time he'd straighten them and the other he wont. now THAT'S being considerate.

am the original poster..last saturday we were goin clubbing and he DID NOT straighten his hair..apparentlyhe realized it boithered me and was trying to show me he understands.i really appreciated it.and when we were lookin at our photos he said he thought his hair looked nice that night..he said we would alternate: one time he'd straighten them and the other he wont. now THAT'S being considerate.

I think what matters most is that you appreciated what he was doing for you and that he did take what you had to say to heart. I'm sure that shows that he does really care about you (not to say you ever doubted it or anything) to sacrafice his love of his straightened hair so that you could be happy.

I'm glad things worked out and that you were able to compromise.