How Many People Believe in Deep, Passionate Romantic Love?

Soul to soul connection, truth, beauty, honesty, passion and joy. I believe in all these things. I don't want to give up believing in these soulful, powerful elements of human living. I still want to have stars in my eyes and fervently follow my passion--I still hope that one day I can pour all of my depth and feeling into a beautiful soul.

Does anyone here believe in romance and heavenly connection? That because we can imagine it, then it must be a deep, integral part of our human existence, encoded in our very DNA--that sense that there is something spiritual and passionate and exquisite about being alive?

And that two souls can represent the power and mystery of creation? Two souls can blissfully connect and be like light itself--warm, dazzling and life-giving?

If reality is what we create, why not create beauty, song, emotion, sweetness and truth?

I still hope one day to be kissed with so much tenderness, to be held with passion, to be treated gently and respectfully. And I wish to give this to another soul, too.

I would like anyone to write and share their lovely, life-changing romantic experiences---What was one person, one moment, that deeply touched your life, and softened your soul, made you believe in love, created joy in your heart, brought comfort to a broken spirit?

And do you still believe in this kind of love? Do you think that romance and chivalry still exist within the happiest parts of ourselves? That within all of us lives a true lover, a poetic soul who together with a special person, can create a lifetime of grace and art and good intentions?

In all of us, isn't there that silent soul who imagines warmth and tenderness, embodied in a true-life human, that person of our dreams that we carried in our hearts for as long as we can remember?

If we can create violence and upset and pain, if we can degrade and deny and reject, then how much easier would it be for us to create beauty, softness, compassion, acceptance, tenderness, romance, dignity and love?

When we become lovers, don't we become softer in our words, our actions, our touch? If only we can extend outward to the world this private, glorious world of being in love---where everything is as if in a dream, and all the world is beautiful and joyful.

It only takes passion----I ask what the Greeks asked when someone died "Did he have passion?"

What is your passion? What was your romantic moment? What was a special connecting moment that lasted a lifetime?

I will reply more thoroughly to your question after I have mulled for a bit. For now, I want to say:

I truly believe that human beings are born to have a passionate loving connection to all varieties of life. I do not expect one person to be (what i consider) god/nature/spiritual source.

"Approach the world like a lover "

I have experienced beautiful moments as you have spoke of. For me, the important thing to remember is that these experiences are fleeting and inconstant. As wonderful as they are, they can not be predicted or counted on. There are no specific sources - anyone or anything can draw it out, mix just right, explode or burn.

It is an individual choice to live in such a way.

I believe in these things, they are a part life, but there is more yet.

There is loyalty, devotion, sacrfice, honour, honesty, respect, day by day practicalities.

Mix passion with the other: that is what I seek at this point.

A cynical view.

I used to believe it was a magical pre-ordained higher state of being.

Now my belief in it is sorely tested. It's a chemical imbalance that makes us giddy and vulnerable. Fine when it works, sad when it doesn't.

I have the unbelievable love and soul connection you are referring to. It's amazing and humbling. We get along like no other couple I know.

Everything is wonderful. We communicate, we love one another, we agree on basically everything, and when there is a problem it is immediately addressed and solved.

This is what I've always dreamed of. And romance is no stranger to our home. We constantly surprise one another with little gifts, words, and shower each other with affection.

It does exist. You just have to realize it

I think sometimes it's really hard to determine what love is.

You get the same emotions of euphoria during amazing sex. thereforeeee, Dako could be right. I read a lot about the chemistry of love and what happens to us....it's like an addiction pretty much - dependancy.

But then there are those times you meet a person and it goes past the physical chemistry and infatuation and for that precious moment in time it's only you two flying on that same wave- everything meshes, everything works, everything is just right.

But then why does it end?

How is it possible for feelings that intense to wan?

Was it even there, or was it and always will be, as reliable a feeling as any other- anger, hatred, joy - fleeting?

And what about mistakes...what about those relationships you're blinded by and only realize in hindsight they were wrong?

I think there are too many factors, too many special cases, too many underlying causes for one simple answer.

Very eloquently phrased! Are you asking for a specific thing or event in my life that brings me this? Of course it exists. I have this passion for my wife every day that I live. Inevitably, somedays the stars in my eyes are brighter than other days, but the flame has never been put out since I met her. I also have an unbridled passion for life itself. Some people choose to wallow in self pity, I prefer to use everything as a learning experience. And chivalry is certainly not archaic. I've never challenged anyone in a sword fight to the death to protect a woman's honor. However, I would give up my life in a second to protect my wife or my family. I hold doors open for old ladies, and I always pay for dinner. However, I'm not always a gentleman. I have a no nonsense, straight forward approach to life and won't hesitate tolet someone know if they're in my way.

I like to believe in the best of every situation and person, so yes, I believe that that particular concept of love exists. However, I think it is uncommon at best. I don't know if that type of love is able to be manifested daily or rather is fleeting moments now and again. I'm inclined to believe the latter. A prime example: the day my ex graduated boot camp, everyone flooded the floor and I couldn't find him for several minutes. Then suddenly, the crowd parted (no exaggeration, it was just like in the movies!) and we looked up and saw each other, did the whole run to each other, and just held each other for a few minutes. In those few minutes, I felt a love like nothing I had EVER known even existed, much less could be felt for me.

Long story short, yes, it's possible. But I doubt it's permanent. Sorry for rambling!

I love all the posts that tell me the romantic moments and continuously romantic moments because these give me the deepest hope. I feel better knowing that magical moments exist, and that human connections are real and life-altering, and that magic does exist. I can't feel right about being in this world if I give up on the idea that there is intrige and mystery and passion and poignancy. The emotions seem to be constructed to feel deeply, not shallowly. The surging forces in our veins, in our souls, in every strand of our living, breathing bodies--seems to be designed to feel intensely. Just like a radio is designed to play music, I feel our bodies are shaped to feel the pulse of the universe--To see beautiful things--To feel, to believe, to know.

I had for almost 28 years the best man and the best deep, romantic love ever. I met my husband when we were 15 and 17. I marrried him when i was 18 and he was 20. Something told me when I met him that this was my soulmate, the person that I was to spend my life with . to have babies with.

The relationshp and the love and respect that we shared was undescribable. I felt the most sincere connection and had the most fulfilled part of my life when I was with him. He was kind, loving, sincere, romantic, a good husband, father, and a wonderful man.

Sadly , he was taken from me by death in December 2003. It will be my memory of the deepest , most romantic, most fullfilling part of my life. He was no doubt a one a million type of guy.

I definatly believe in it. Had you asked me las year, I would have responded with "I wish". But I'm 100% certain in soul mates and pure connection through something more ethereal than we can understand.

I can hare my experiences if you want. I can tell you the momment I knew without a doubt. Up until that point I had doubts, and ever since theres not been one doubt in my mind that he is my soul mate.

And it was so so simple. He looked into my eyes and told me he loved me.

Now Ive had that from other people before and its meant absolutly nothing, but when he said it to me my heart sored and my skin shivered. I could completely tell the sincerity in what he was saying.

Our meeting was far too freaky to be pure luck. I have absolutly no doubt in my mind that God wanted us to be together, and he believes the exact same thing. We're both very relgious people, and together we hope to do something not so much accepted these days.

Not only grow in love, but in out spirituality. As far as we see it, the relationship is between three of us. Him, I and God.

I wonder if the dream of a perfect relationship that never ends might be a way to escape the fact that relationships are delicate, complex and challenging. A way of avoiding responsibility for making it work.

Fate, soulmates, kismet, sympatico, true love and all that stuff can't hold up like caring, sharing and emotional maturity under pressure.

Beats riding a unicorn into the sunset.

• Like 1