1 month anniversary, should I buy her present if so what?

Massari

I am planning of buying my GF 12 red roses. our relationship is what I like to call love based. things are happening so fast. the first 2 weeks we were exclusive and became officially BF/GF. 2 days ago I felt like I have to tell her how much I love and she says she loves me too and that she was waiting to tell me but she wasn't sure if I was there too. We talked to each other everyday on MSN and sometimes on the phone. see each other everyday at uni . but now its exam time so it reduced to 1 -2 times a week . and I miss her so much now. Saturday would be our 1 month anniversary. today she was saying she can't believe its one month already. I said on amazing month she said definitely amazing.

So I am assuming she might be thinking about this as an anniversary also. Any ideas what to get her and whether or not I should get her anything. deep down I want to get her something nice romantic and yet tell her how much I care about her and that I cherish her everyday. when I bought her the pink teddy bear she was so happy (it was unexpected) it makes me happy and proud that she appreciates me and the things I do for her.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you

my recommendation to you is to slow down a little bit. seeing her everyday and talking to her constantly is great now but in the long run it hurts the relationship. you need to make sure your both comfortable being your own person and doing your own things.

as far as the roses...do you have to give a dozen? why not just give her a single rose?

Personally I think you two are moving *way* too fast and need to be careful not to burn out. But, I'm glad that you two are really into one another. I'd be careful not to set up some sort of expectation by buying 12 roses for 1 month.. i mean.. what happens after 3 months... 6 months... you going to get her a Lexus for your 1 year?

If you feel like giving her something taht expresses how you feel, why not a card. Either a bought one... or better yet... make a card. Handmade things are the coolest ever!

I agree with hockeyboy - one rose lets her know you are happy with the relationship but is not too intense after only a month.

At least at the start of a relationship, understated is better than over the top.

thank you very very much really appreciated

.. I am scared of this myself.. things running out and what I feel love would fade away. I am not sure if you guys are familiar whit my story if now not. I will tell a short summary.. she is my first serious GF I mean I have dated in the past but never got into a relationship. however she is a little more experienced. She is 19 turning 20 in a month. On our first date I got her a rose since she sounded so nice on the phone and our first MSN chat went for 5 hours!! and to show that I am gentleman.. (we met online the day before our 1st date ..everything went so fast !!!)

I was thinking she is probably used to getting roses from guys that my rose would probably get lose among the rest. She said only 2 guys one of them being me gave her a rose. And that took me by surprise. So we went on our 1st date on Saturday. On Thursday I took her to dinner. And I told her before that there is the Persian new years party (I am Persian) on Friday and that I would like to take her with me. She said she'd love to. So we went there (our 3rd date) she got me 12 pink roses and she gave them to me at the end of the night when we said goodbye and that was when we first kissed.

This is pretty much why I was thinking 12 red roses.. but if 1 rose and a card would show I want to show her. then I'll do that.

i say what i said with experience. the girl i dated for 4 years (the one in my post)...well, i gave her a dozen roses on our 1 month anniversary. we saw eachother every day! by the end of our 4 year relationship we were barely lovers, but more so really good friends. when we watched movies we would both sit comfortably, apart from eachother..like friends would. a lot of things like that developed over time that i didnt notice till afterwards. i know most of it was a result of being way way to intense from the get go.

looking back on it, that girl would probably have ended up being my wife if her and i had agreed to take more time to ourselves to do other things...and still see eachother.

I am planning of buying my GF 12 red roses.

Don't. That's too much. It's like you're "buying" her.

our relationship is what I like to call love based. things are happening so fast. the first 2 weeks we were exclusive and became officially BF/GF. 2 days ago I felt like I have to tell her how much I love [her]

A word to the wise: Don't tell her you love her, SHOW her you love her with ACTIONS. Not gifts, not words, with actions such as spending time with her. Not being her slave, not kissing up to her, not doing anything she asks you to do ... compliment her ONCE that she looks great today in that outfit (not she is beautiful but the effort she took to look good for you is beautiful. Effort, not existence.)

and she says she loves me too and that she was waiting to tell me but she wasn't sure if I was there too. We talked to each other everyday on MSN and sometimes on the phone. see each other everyday at uni . but now its exam time so it reduced to 1 -2 times a week . and I miss her so much now.

Give her the gift of missing you. I bet she misses you, too. Notice how you are feeling? Don's smother her and she will feel the same way. I would highly recommend you hang out with some friends so you do not seem desperate and clingy/needy around her. Have a life, it is attractive, and still make plans to see her afterwards.

Saturday would be our 1 month anniversary. today she was saying she can't believe its one month already. I said on amazing month she said definitely amazing.

So I am assuming she might be thinking about this as an anniversary also. Any ideas what to get her and whether or not I should get her anything. deep down I want to get her something nice romantic and yet tell her how much I care about her and that I cherish her everyday. when I bought her the pink teddy bear she was so happy (it was unexpected) it makes me happy and proud that she appreciates me and the things I do for her.

You mean the things you buy for her?

Lemme give you a tip, Mr. Romeo. Get her a really, really, really thoughtful card. You need to go to the Hallmark store and read each and every single card they have, and then pick the one that is the best. And I mean LITERALLY spend an hour. Don't write anything in it except "Happy one month" and sign your name. Don't get something too over the top, too "I love you" or too "I need you" but something thoughtful that relfects your chance meeting, the chemistry you share, and the future you will have together.

You'll score more points with that one card that you will know what to do with.

i'd go simple one red rose, a card and go out for lunch or dinner. Thats it.

I agree on doing something simple yet special. If you know what her favorite movie is, maybe invite her over and watch it together. Cuddling on the couch, watching a good movie, and eating popcorn is never a bad thing!

Pace yourself. The faster you move the faster it may be over. Just a word of advice from someone who's been there.

thank you all.. so a rose and a card is enough I'll get her that.. she make me so happy lately thats it unbelievable and I think I tell it to her alot.. that I like you and all. but she appreciates it so I guess there is nothing wrong by saying this to her cause as I was reading many women here complain that her BFs don't say it enough???

Be Light And Flirty. I Love Your Enthusiasm! Don't Loose It--but Don't Scare Anybody. Get Dtuffed Toy Or Something--but Ask Her To Walk Hand In Hand With You For A Long Walk --because Tell Her Things Like That Make Every Day An Anniversary. Thanks For Trying To Be A Good Guy. Peace Out, Irishwriter

Maybe you could do somethign like cook her a meal for you and her? That way you get to spend time and appreciate your relationship-without seemign as if you diving into the deep end too quickly. Lisa x x x

thank you all.. again..

Lisa I was thinking of that.. the thing is I do live with my parents still and she still havn't meat them but they are leaving for U.S. I am planning on doing that in that time. and also another thing... I have an exam on monday so I am kinda screwed so I hope I can study as much so I can see her tonight. I'll try to make time for her tonight.

• 1 year later...

I just got married with my boyfriend of 6 years. I met him online, and let me tell you, as fast as we wanted to take it, we took it SLOW. It was the best thing we could have done and now we are happily married Take it slow, make it thoughtful, and unexpected and you'll win her over and this lust you feel right now will become true love in time

• 1 year later...

My oersonal thought on this is that if things are meant to be they will. Dont take this to mean that your actions can not change the course of this. I would say that simple is better. Make sure you dont set the bar higher then you need to, and also dont move to fast as this will more then likely scare her away. Just be yourself, and use the time to get to know each other better. I like the idea of a dinner at home and a movie personally. This will create a nice environment to continue and i would give one rose and a well though out card perhaps a stuffed animal can be substituted for the rose depending on her taste. You know her better then I so you would know the answer to that.

Archived