So I posted this last night

and I was so angry at the time I just wanted to call my guy and freak out. In short he didn't think before he said some things, and I don't know if it's just an itallian thing or what, but both my roommate's boyfriend and him both have the same problem, which is the fact that they are sometimes incapable of using tact. They say things that are so rude, but don't even know how rude it sounds. He called me like 30 min. after I sent him that text to call me, and I think I actually scared him with how mad I was. He was just all quiet listening to me on the phone tell him how I hate the fact that he made me look like a "needy girlfriend" and he explained that it wasn't just me. That his friends gave him crap about being on the phone all the time with everyone... his mom, his best friend... and that none of them think that way about me. He said that he didn't know what he'd said offended me and that I should have told him then and there, but it was kinda hard to do that when he was being forced off the phone. Anywayz, he said that he can't change the fact that sometimes what he says comes out in a rude way but that if I tell him then and there that what he's saying is rude that he'll be able to correct it or explain or whatever. After apologizing numerous times, he begged me not to be mad at him and we hung up the phone on good terms. Anywayz, just thought I'd give all of you that read and replied to my post an update.

Also I have another question. My friend out in Cali had been dating my guy's best friend but they broke up last weekend. She called me today to tell me she dosen't think me and my guy will work out because she said he's "Just like *justin* (her ex) and that he can't give me what I want out of a relationship and that I'm settling by being with him. In my opinion the only reason she's saying this is because she's hurt that her and her guy didn't work out, but should I really take any of what she's said to heart? I've been real carefull about keeping my eyes open looking for signs that he's not who he seems to be.. a genuinly sweet guy that cares about me... and the only time I've had a disagreement with him was last night.. which he apologized for right away when he knew it upset me. I'm thinking I should take what she said with a grain of salt, but she's in Cali and can see more of him than I can... can see how he really is... I dunno.

"Misery loves company"

I think your friend is one of those people who can't bear the fact that someone has something she does not. Unless she has actual proof about anything your b/f has done or said I would ignore what she says - I would also wonder if she is as good a friend as I thought.

Hey Shorty,

I think you are right about your friend. No person in his right mind stays in a LDR unless they REALLY like the person, and are into the person. If things don't work out, that doesn't mean the feelings weren't enough though. I broke up with a total sweetheart because we were just both going insane and couldn't cope.

Anyway, your friend is in hurt, and I don't think her ex can exactly be like your boyfriend. She's probably in a state where all men seem to be the same (I think you can remember a break up when you felt similar).

From what you tell about the last convo with your boyfriend, I think things are ok. This is the first time something like this happened, when you were with him you had a great time, and he knows how you felt yesterday. Put it behind you now, but of course take extra care when something like this happens again.

Did you ask him why he so specifically said that this saturday he wouldn't take the phone with him?

Ilse

I read your previous post and the way he talked to you was so rude. I don't know if I'd be able to accept that, it would really take a lot to get me to agree to continue with someone that makes a fool out of me in front of his friends. But it seems you are able to forgive and forget, and seeing as it was a one time event, I guess he deserves a second chance.

As for your friend, don't listen to anything she has to say right now. She is still fresh from her breakup and can't rationally form an opinion, especially about YOUR boyfriend. Good luck, and don't let this guy walk all over you!

He's not taking his phone because it's his friend's wife's birthday and he promised he would go out with him. He said they tease him all the time about always being on the phone, not just with me, but that he's always on his phone when he's at their house because his phone dosen't get reception on base where he lives. I think i've come to the conclusion that it's just an italian thing where they sometimes are very rude and don't even realize what they're saying is actually sounding like. My roommates boyfriend is Italian and does the same thing, lol...

Actually, your story DOES remind me of my LDR, and I was with an Italian guy. They are crazy with their phones, much more than Dutch people are. I noticed that when I lived in Italy for half a year as well (this was prior to meeting that Romeo from Firenze though )

Ilse