He brought his friend along on our date? WHY?

Take what he said as the truth. I think the threesome idea is a stretch. But you could say that you prefer to go out on dates with him alone as it is more fun to be with him that way. Don't complain or say you don't like his friend. Make it a compliment rather than a complaint.

Hey weird you and I are in the same boat! I say we go out.

Anyway, I definitely know where you are coming from. The 3some idea is a huge stretch though. Don't mention that to him and don't say you don't like his friend. If you still want to try with this guy, tell him that you like him and want to get to know him better, so you're hoping to spend some time alone together next time you go out. Look him right in the eyes while you are saying it.

If that doesn't work, you know what to do.

LOl, i know phillyguy! Thanks, I know im a little paranoid. I just think at his age 35- he should know not to bring his friend along. Maybe he doesn't know any better.

I HATE his friend so much, I could tell his friend hates me for whatever reason. I think hes jealous. I have been so nice to him and he just smirks at me. Hes his best friend. I wanted to say I hate him but i dont want to upset this guy. I guess you guys are right I should tell him about getting to know him better, alone.