Do girls/Women have it easier?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to start a debate on whether or not girls have it easier in terms of getting dates/boyfriends as opposed to guys.

Now in my own personal experience I've found that the number of guys 18+ that I know that have never had a g/f or date is huge, whereas I don't meet as many girls that have never had a date or boyfriend.

Furthermore I've found that ex g/f's of mine have gotten a new boyfriends often more quickly then I've found a new girlfriend (not that I'm stalking there personal lives hehe ).

I've also noticed couple of girls whom shall we say, weren't particularely attractive, each had boyfriends or had had boyfriends. Furthermore, I'm not sure why but in college sometimes I see (not that I'm a judge on male beauty lol) pretty average looking guys with shall we say, below average looking girls. This does of course also happen in the reverse quite a bit but alot of times an unattractive guy ends up as the girls perma-virgin shoulder to cry on....I mean "platonic friend." (I realise this paragraph probably made me sound really shallow, but I didn't mean it like that, I was just trying to point out that in terms of physical fitness/attractiveness for whatever reason I notice alot more guys "settling" for less than ideal than I do girls.)

Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any specific theories on why this is, or maybe I'm completely off base here (I have seen guys that just look and dress like crap and have the most immature personalities get girls to afterall).

My reasoning for average looking guys with below average girls is that I suppose guys my age are just really horny and eager to shed there "virgin" title so they settle for anything that walks .

What I find more interesting though then the above is why girls in my experience have such an easier time getting dates.

I suppose one reason for this is the gender roles in our society dictating that "guys must always ask for a date" and a huge chunk of the male population is just plain to shy to, particularely the one's in there teens and early twenties. And so the result is that a couple of "alpha males" end up getting the majority of girls and bounce around from girlfriend to girlfriend leaving tons of girls with "dating experience" but on the other hand leaving "shy guys" in the dust in the sense that girls become so used to the sortof aggressive, smooth talking "bad boy" that has tons of experience with women that they don't bother looking at shy guys with little to no experience with women in a romantic sense.

I'm not sure if any of the above made any sense so I'll leave it up to you guys (and girls) to decide, do women have an easier time getting dates then men?

OK.. I think I made sense of it by the end. Where you started to talk about biology... etc. And Alpha Males. YES.. ALPHA MALES, I'd say get around. Men are genetically coded to spread their seed as it were. And women are genetically coded to find a MATE that will have good DNA and stick around to raise our young.

Book: The Myth of monogomay Fidelity and infidelity in animals and people. By: David P. Barash

incidentally.. the human species is the ONLY animal where both parents stick around till age 18 to raise the young. AND the human female is the only species that is "ALWAYS" in heat. Her mating cycle does't stop.. she's able to mate constantly...

Scientists believe that is also genetically coded... to attract and keep men at home.

As to who gets more dates??? I think you answered your own question in your post. You describe yourself as BETA and others men as ALPHA.. and wonder who gets more dates. I'd say the ALPHA. becuase of the way he's hard wired. AND... the female is most probably attracted to the alpha.. because of coded genetic traights.. DNA, he gives her a sense of security, protection, etc etc. I don't think all ALPHA MALES are necesarrily BAD BOY types. I know a few BETA's that resemble bad boys... witht he bad boy garb etc.

And the ALPHA female... now here's a toss up.. grin. Lots of men are afraid of an ALPHA female.... one, they are afraid to be rejected. A guy is more likely to walk up to a women who is beneath him than walk up to a women he considers superior to him.. because of the REJECTION FACTOR.

Two.. They are afraid of ALPHA women because the guy does't feel like he can compete or she'll find him lacking somewhere. He'll feel easily disposable. Alpha /Alpha combo??? RARE.. they compete too much.

Soooo NO.. I don't think ALPHA Females get lots of dates. At all. NOT as many as you may think. I'm an ALPHA.... and damn it.. home alone.. whats with that??? grin.

Honestly, I think it depends on each person. Its a huge generalization to say either way. I know lots of girls who have have a hard time getting a boyfriend, a lot of boys who do as well. I also know a lot of girls who it comes very easy to and a lot of smooth guys who get girls all the time.

I would actually agree that its easier for girls to get boyfriends, to be honest with you, maybe at this age at least. I was told by my ex that guys at my age just want a girlfriend to have sex with and to hang out wiht. Obviously not true all the time, but in general I would tend to agree with what he says. Girls, in my opinion, have stricter standards, so they will take their time in choosing a guy, leaving a lot of guys without a girlfriend. So, basically means that lots of guys are making themselves available to lots of girls, and girls have a larger pool of men to choose from than men. Just a theory.

I dont believe that you can relate dating to a purely biological state. If that were the case then women would only date the alpha male. I think what you have said does have some truth. I believe that it has to do more with the social norms than anything else. According to the majority of society men go out and seek women and typically women looking for men is frowned upon. I would say its just the nature of our society instead of biological influences. I believe that we have progressed slightly more than acting at a pure biological level.

I think it is definitely easier for women........go to a bar and watch us guys flock all over them. They just come in........look pretty....and then take their pick of whoever they want....they have it made.

True enough. BUT how many of those type of guys are boyfriend material? How about zero.

I go out, dance, club, whatever..but even if I 'pick' one, he only wants one thing and one thing only from me. Wihoo. For some girls, that's okay. For me, I want more than a one night stand.

I think it is definitely easier for women........go to a bar and watch us guys flock all over them. They just come in........look pretty....and then take their pick of whoever they want....they have it made.

True enough. BUT how many of those type of guys are boyfriend material? How about zero.

I go out, dance, club, whatever..but even if I 'pick' one, he only wants one thing and one thing only from me. Wihoo. For some girls, that's okay. For me, I want more than a one night stand.

Mystik, I had the same exact thought. I think it's a myth that people think "pretty women" have it "easier." Easier because so many guy see her as a quick lay? Easier because she has to weed through an extra assortment of superficial and shallow men who are impressed with her outer covering? If you look closer, you might see it's different than you might think, but definitely not "easier." The guys who flock over and offer themselves to "pretty women" are fine if she wants to be f-d over, but totally useless if she wants a meaningful relationship. And they are definitely not the crowd from which many girls delight in taking their "pick."

Hi Sweetie!,

I would say that women have it easier to a point and is all due to maturity and experience.

All men think with their d**k's, so that being said I guess it is a matter of what you are really looking for.

Most guy's are user's and just looking for a good time "if u know what I mean" and then there are some that really care and could be a best friend and eventually a good lover or someone that you can really count on.

Girls need to have some really great self respect or self esteem to get through this era or age of "anything goes!"

If you know who you are and have desired qualites (not just looks), but actual intersts, hobbies or other skills that may be of interest to a young guy who is respectful, it could be a good match.

In my case, I don't care about money (unless it's for my basic needs). I am not impressed by wealth or cars or who you know or any of the above.

Be clean, neat, put your "REAL PERSONALITY" out there and just be yourself. Relax and smile!!!

Pretention is too hard to keep living up to and way too stressful.

The funniest thing I can say is that I'm good with where I am in life and wouldn't go back to my teens or twenties in a New York minute!!!

I am married with children and run crazy in the neighborhood bar all summer "since my husband is always busy" and have more men hit on me than I ever thought possible! Tons of friends!!!

No, I don't sleep with other men. I just get more men after me than I ever have because I have the personality and not looking.

So many ask if I have a sister and fortunately both of mine live out East.

Act like yourself and don't give a crap about looking around and they will come to you.

Good Luck!!!

Sincerely, Lita~

link removed[/i]]

All men think with their d**k's, so that being said I guess it is a matter of what you are really looking for.

~

Very interesting post.

"What do you think of that Little Dako?"

"She's right, I'm the boss here!"

"But don't I ever tell you No?"

"Yeah, but you're an old bore!"

"Well, I'll just put you away where you belong. Good day!"

"Hey lemme out!"

Well, we couldn't reach a consensus, but I lean toward the bigger brain.

link removed[/i]]

Act like yourself and don't give a crap about looking around and they will come to you.

Good Luck!!!

Sincerely, Lita~

Sorry maybe I should've clarified in my original post.This topic wasn't meant to be a vent over how girls aren't flocking to me (I have gotten girls afterall) so no one need interpret it as such. I was instead just trying to provoke a discussion on this topic. Your advice on getting girls was appreciated, but not necessary .

I tend to think that girls get quantity over quality. So yeah, for those girls that are into just going out and having random sex... wow.. they're in hog heaven. But for th emost part, as has been mentioned, it just leaves a lot of trash to sort through.

As for guys... well, if you're just looking for sex, it's a bit harder, but keep an eye out for the like minded women. Though, the like minded women will typically set their standards a bit higher than the men, as they have a greater selection to choose from.

When it comes to finding viable relationship material... hmm.. that's a tough one. I would say it's either equal, or slightly more in favor of the guys.

Shadow,

At least at 6'1" you get to have the presense of an Alpha.

I'm 5'4" and even though its nice to play cute little girl, it does get old.

Being an Alpha female is hard, though. Guys can have such frail egos, a girl with an opinion isn't so bad. I'm still a person, I have feelings, and so I maybe a little aggressive, isn't that how you get what you want?