"Dry Sex"

angel200488

Last night my boyfriend and I had "dry sex" for the first time. He and I both were in our underwear. I am almost positive he didn't cum but I am sure that there was a little bit of pre-cum because his boxers were some what damp. I have looked on several websites and I can not find a conclusive answer to my questions.

1.) What are the chances I will become pregnant because of this?

2.) When will I be able to tell if I am pregnant?

(My next period is due the 23rd-24th of this month...)

3.) Is is true you gain weight when put on birthcontrol?

Thank you for your time, I have no one within my family that I can discuss matters of such with.

Stern lecture ahead,

Dry or not, it's only a matter of time that keeps you from wet stuff.

You're on the road to more weight gain without the pill. Go see a doctor, get on the pill and stop playing roulette. If you're old enough to have sex, you should be responsible about it.

You or your BF can walk right into any store to buy a box of condoms.

hey girl, don't worry about weight and birth control. it has a lot of other advantages--shorter, lighter, more regular periods; bigger breasts! and more importantly--the peace of mind of not being in the agony you're in right now. go for it.

p.s. the patch is good if you don't want to have the daily responsibility of the pill, and depo provera (the shot) is excellent, too (and often results in no periods at all--woohoo!). talk to your family doc or ob/gyn. if you can't do that w/o your parents freaking out, go down to planned parenthood. they'll take good care of you.

I agree with all of the above.

If you're engaging in any sexual activities, even just dry sex, you have to be responsible about it.

It's not something to let slide a few times because the chances are slim- you need to take responsiblity for your actions. If you're having sex or thinking about having sex, approach it in a serious matter. It's not just physical fun, it's risky in many ways.

If you don't know enough about it, or aren't doing your part to protect yourself, you shouldn't be doing anything. You don't go bungee jumping without knowing all the facts.

I agree with all of the above.

If you're engaging in any sexual activities, even just dry sex, you have to be responsible about it.

It's not something to let slide a few times because the chances are slim- you need to take responsiblity for your actions. If you're having sex or thinking about having sex, approach it in a serious matter. It's not just physical fun, it's risky in many ways.

If you don't know enough about it, or aren't doing your part to protect yourself, you shouldn't be doing anything. You don't go bungee jumping without knowing all the facts.

Great advice...

I have to say I have learned a valuable lesson with what happened last night but I am still worried about #1 & #2....?

As far as birth control, I come from a very traditional family who's views on sex are very strict. If I go to the local health clinic and get the pill and my parents find it they will jump to conclusions about my sex life and keep me from seeing my BF. We have not had sex, he and I both are virgins.

I have talked to my parents about the pill (before my BF and I even started dating/seeing eachother) concerning my heavy bleeding and cramping and they "went off". They said it would bring embarrassment to the family name if I was put on the pill and they even demanded that if I was put on the pill that I will have to have a pregnancy test every two months...?

We have not had sex, he and I both are virgins.

Angel, your virginity is a special gift for a special man, especially in this day and age. I hope you really think about, understand, and believe in what you are doing if you choose your current b/f as that special man to give yourself to...

I agree with friscodj.

If you honestly think you want to sacrifice something so special, then proceed with caution.

Your parents may be against birth control, but if you are over the age of 16 (atleast here in Canada) medical professionals are not legally allowed to discolse information to your parents. Meaning, you can go and get the pill on your own.

If you want to keep your virginiites, I don;t see the need for birth control. However, if you are feeling tempted and will attempt more dangerous forms of "almost-sex" I recommend it.

If you cant get the pill, or your family refuses to let you have it, then you can use condoms..and that doesnt take parental concent to buy. Also one huge plus that condoms have over birth control pills....THEY protect you from STDs also...just pointing that out. Anyways, if your afraid your parents may find out if you try and get the pill then I would use condoms, just keep a few in your purse, bookbag...whatever you carry with you most of the time, because I doubt your parents will be going through your purse or bookbag, so they should be safe from discovery there.

If it is even remotely possible to get on the birth control, go for it, girl. I was in your shoes seriously a month ago.

My boyfriend and I were virgins. We did the whole dry sex and -- just like everyone on this board is saying -- even after we had talked about having sex and decided that it would be very special, planned and safe when we did it, one night we just got so caught up that it happened. Even though it was short-lived and he didn't cum, it meant a whole month of us FREAKING OUT that I could be pregnant.

And seriously, word of the wise: do NOT put yourself through that. It will change your life.

So about a month ago I got myself to a gyno and started birth control. I feel so so much better / protected. Also I've experienced very little weight gain - maybe a couple pounds, but then again I'm really not doing much to prevent it but for sure my boobs have gotten bigger!!

Don't let weight gain keep you away from bc. Condoms are a good choice, but still there's risk. Condoms AND birth control mean practically zero chance good luck!

News! (with a few exceptions, lol)

I just came home from a two-night stay at the nearest hospital. I have been really sick for about three weeks and the medications I was on weren't working. I suffered from sever dehydration,possible Srep A infection (the worst..so I understood...it infects your glands and gets in your bloodstream)and my airway was almost completley closed.

However, I am feeling much better and in all of my complications I have found many blessings. In my State it is required by law, that anyone over the age of 12 (wow) must have pregnancy test run on all their bloodwork before they can be treated. My came back negative! Also, on the upside aswell my cycle came last night ( ) and the doctors suggested to my parents that I get the pill to regulate and help minmize my heavy bleeding and cramping. My parents were very open to the advice and have already made plans for a gyno visit when I fully recover. Also, my parents let my boyfriend spend the night with me in the hospital...something I NEVER thought possible.

Thank you, everyone who has given me the great advice on this topic. Sorry for the long update, I felt obligated to share my amazing blessings these past four days. Have a great day!

depending on where you live, there are often free youth clinics that provide free or cheaper birth control for youth (pills, condoms) as well as do free std and pregnancy testing among other things. If for any reason your parents decide they don't want you on the pill and you still want to get some, look for a youth clinic near you. Your visits are confidential and there is no way your parents can find out unless they find your pills or see you taking them. Also, if you go to your family doctor, he or she can NOT tell your parents because of client confidentiality. Your body, your rights, your choices. Good luck