Hello everyone,

I need some advice, im right out of college and starting a new career with a big company. I'm gay, not out and most wouldn't think i am gay, however, i am pretty obvious when i am into another guy (or at least i think i am). Last week at my corporate orientation I met a guy who is also a new employee and i have become very drawn to him for some reason. He is super hot, a bit older than me but not married. the first day i noticed him sitting in the back and the second day he made an attempt to sit next to me but some other guy took the seat just as he was walking up, he did sit behind me and we inevitably struck up conversation. Since then we have had limited interaction but he initiates conversation with me and i feel that there is something there, with his eye contact and the way he smies at me. I may just be way over thinking this and hoping that he's gay and into me and i don't know if i really have gaydar, but i have a feeling he might be. Our conversations have not been too personal yet because most of our day is sitting in a classroom setting, but i want to make a move. This guy dresses very well, better than most straight men would, even in a corporate setting and he's big into health and fitness. So anyways probably way too much detail, but should i try to pursue this and if so how should i go about it? I am pretty new to the gay dating scene so i still don't have tons of experience myself. Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

thanks!

Hi Hng and welcome to ENA

The more you guys talk and get comfortable around each other ask

how he spends his weekend, if he saw a movie that just came, music concerts etc. But whatever you ask make sure you are also knowledgeable to back up the conversation.

In a casual conversation ask him if he's familiar with the area and would recomend any clubs / bars. He might just be secure in his sexuality and tell you he is gay.

You never know.

Let me know what happens.

Hope this gave you an idea.

Ciao For Now

I agree 100 percent with the cute orangutan

Having been in your shoes before, I can say that the best thing is to continue communicating with this guy, striking up small talk to kind of gauge his "position" and see if you can find any clues that would make you more comfortable with your assumption.

Maybe ask him if you two want to grab lunch during your lunch break or coffee or something to that effect -- it's a great way to get to know someone without it being necessarily a "date", in the event that your crush is straight and not gay.

One more voice saying to just be friends first and get to know him better. Better you know him and closer you get, more comfortable you will feel in finding out about his sexuality and sharing yours. Right now you don't really know each other and don't have anything concrete to go on. As you get to know him, you may see other signs on if he is gay or not. And you can judge if you would really be compatible or if this is just a crush that wouldn't lead anywhere.