Finding a girl

Gunther

Hello,

I have a problem meeting girls, and I'm hoping to hear some ideas to meet some women. My situation is unique in the way, I'm 17 and I have already completed high school when I was 16. I took my GED and I can't meet...well anybody really. I live nowhere near a church or park or anywhere I might meet women. I don't have my drivers license, because I can't afford the insurance {and I can get a job because everything is to far away to walk} and I need some ideas to meet women.

I'm beginning to think due to the circumstances that it may simply not be in the cards for me. I will get my license within a year I hope, but who knows. I am not trying to find a job before then because my uncle has basically promised me a job when I turn eighteen at a construction company. Where I will have zero chance of meeting anyone special.

Now I'm not blessed with a lot of friends, but I do have some, they are all male though. I'm not looking for someone to have "a good time" with. I am genuinely looking for someone that I might be able to have a meaningfull relationship with.

Just from the rundown on my profile {no license, no car, no friends, no job} I Know it may sound like I may as well have a big ol' "L" tattooed on my face, but I have other redeeming qualities, I'm in relatively good shape and I have a good personality. There are other things, but I don't like to toot my own horn. Point is, is there a way to meet someone special in my position? I'm a very ..."humble" person, I feel like it's wrong for me to even be looking for a girl right now, am I wrong to do so?

Anyway, thanks for listening, I hope to get some advice.

-Gunther

I'm afraid that suggestion would be ill-advised for me, I don't like being a thousand miles from the girl, it doesn't seem real. Besides, it's so easy to lie...ever so easy. It may work fine for some, but I want someone I can look at and show other people. Not in the sense of "Look I got a pretty girl arn't you jealous?" lol I mean just for the sense of reality that computer relationships simply cannot provide.

I'm afraid that suggestion would be ill-advised for me, I don't like being a thousand miles from the girl, it doesn't seem real. Besides, it's so easy to lie...ever so easy. It may work fine for some, but I want someone I can look at and show other people. Not in the sense of "Look I got a pretty girl arn't you jealous?" lol I mean just for the sense of reality that computer relationships simply cannot provide.
No, I meant someone in your area... I'd advise against being with a girl thousands of miles away too.

edit: Though it does work out sometimes.

Well I can walk into town, I just wouldnt be able to do it for a job, some days you just can't walk two miles to get to work you know what I mean? But even if I was in a public setting, say at a store or in a flee market, what would I do?
Just walk up to someone and say "hi!" and make conversation about anything.

Get there details so you can see them again.

Also, you can ride a bike instead of walk if you like, it will be easier... I have no car either.

Do you like sports? Join a sports team, even if you don't play...maybe as some other position within the club.

Maybe you registered?

are you calling me creepy?

Yes people do that...it's called being friendly! Lol.

I have done it... people have done it to me.

You don't have to literally say "Hi"...say whatever is appropriat. "I noticed you are reading that book"... "I bought the same things!"...etc.

BTW, yes I've met and become acquainted with lots of people by simply going up to them uninvited... If you are a creep about it then you will come accross as creepy. If you are nice and friendly they will like it.

Maybe you are in the same queue as someone? Why not talk to them? Everyone does this.

LoL no, I'm not calling you creepy =p Thanks for the tips though, I hope I will be able to put them to use soon. I guess it might just work, well I guess I'll retire for now, maybe there will be more replies when I wake, thanks for the ideas though, much appreciated.

-Gunther

Registered handled this very well. Internet can be used to meet local girls. You can use a bike to get into town easier. Sport or club if they are available nearby.

Also, you can still take a job even if you have another one waiting for you. It helps you build up work experience. In case you don't want to work for your uncle forever, each bit of experience helps. And it can introduce you to new people.

A lot of dating sites will have people in your area. You can meet with friends and such in town. That way you can atually get to know the person before saying 'I like you' blah blah blah. Before I started dating one of my close friends I tried internet dating. Just don't get too attached to quickly as there are some weird ones out there. But there are some lovely ones too so don't let it put you off.

Honesty is something that you should offer and if that person doesn't offer it in return then you arn't friends with them, they didn't offer you the same thing. Also try joining clubs, new hobbies anything like that where you might be able to talk to and meet people.

GL,

~S

• 1 year later...

Give it time. I have roughly the same situation (but I'm jobless) and you're only 17, so enjoy the single life while you still can. Internet dating could be an option, but then again it's extremely shady and has some unavoidable risks involved. Sometimes, though, I suppose it's harder for some than others when it comes to finding someone. I guess all I can say is "give it time". That's coming from first-hand experience.

Give it time. I have roughly the same situation (but I'm jobless) and you're only 17, so enjoy the single life while you still can. Internet dating could be an option, but then again it's extremely shady and has some unavoidable risks involved. Sometimes, though, I suppose it's harder for some than others when it comes to finding someone. I guess all I can say is "give it time". That's coming from first-hand experience.

This thread is way old. I'm lost as to why you brought this to the top?