LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: recommend a book?

recommend a book?

hi

i'm going through a very difficult time in my life with my bf. he has been suffering from depression for the past 2 years. i've tried all sorts and we've had problems with being apart( relationship started off long distance) another woman and all your usual things that go wrong. i'm still with him because i am in love with him and he is in love with me but his depression affects his and my life so much. we want this to work so much.
    i was just wondering if anyone in a similar situation can reccommend any good books i can read to help or we can read together.

thanks
    qt xxx

Silver Member
    you must read,The Road Less Traveled,I just lent it out to a friend so I cant give you the authors name...but it is a very famous book.any bookstore will have it.goodluck

How about "Relationship Rescue" and the accompanying workbook by Dr. Phil?

I don't know much about Dr. Phil, I bought it when I went though my breakup and it had some thought provoking ideas in there.

It's not too expensive, might be worth a look.

Is your boyfriend on medication for his depression? If he is and it isn't helping, he should see his doctor and try something else. There are alot of different types out there and sometimes it's a hunt and peck until you get the right fit. When you do it can make a world of difference.

thank you both, i've just ordered dr phils book from amazon-he's amazing i've seen his tv programmes so i hope that the book helps

qt xxx

Give Advice
Ask For Advice