• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I too have cancer i am the same age and the cancer size is about the same??

I am sad that i might not see my children get married ect.... I love them so dearly.I have three children, two sons and a daughter your age.

This cancer just appeared, as i do self examination too. I found the lump at the end of October 06 and i have had all the tests and i am waiting for my operating date which will be i am told next week.I am delighted at being treated so promptly and i as with others with this, will have to wait until after the operation to find out what happened and how much time do i have.

God bless you and your family.

God´s will be done!

I just pray i have more time with my adorable family.

Keep happy thoughts and " Always look on the bright side of life"

Hi amum, and welcome to enotalone. We have a few members on enotalone who have family members who are underwent surgery and other treatment and who are breast cancer survivors. Do not lose hope.

If you ever want to talk about this more, or about anything for that matter, you may decide to put up your own thread on this site so we can respond. We're glad you have come here to talk,

BellaDonna

P.S. RayKay, how is your mom doing these days?

Hey amum,

[link removed[/url] has some wonderful forums, with many women going through various stages of cancer, and treatment and would be greatly helpful to you I think.

The initial time after diagnosis is the worst part, when you are not even sure what is going on, or are not feeling as if you are "doing" anything about it.

My mum is doing great, she had more chemo after surgery, and finished her 6 weeks of radiation right in time to do the Run For the Cure on October 2 this year (and she had a HUGE team of runners/walkers with her too!). Her hair is growing back and while she is still dealing with radiation burns, she is healing very well, and I am so very proud of her. She healed well after the surgery, though still has to get her new "nipples" tattood on in a while. She is on tamoxifen right now which has its own side effects, but she is doing well.

She went on a trip to San Diego a couple weeks ago with my stepfather, went away to Alaska on a cruise before her radiation, is busy planning Christmas this year, back to working full time again (but still making sure to relax!) and while she still takes very good care of her health and is aware, she is not "fearful" at this point. None of us know what the future will hold, and we have yet to find out how the radiation and chemo has affected the cells..but fingers crossed. We are hopeful, but also realistic as we all know how quickly things can change too. Taking it day by day.

As tough as it is to go through, it really does bring you closer together as a family, and I think you will find that with your own too. Your kids will likely each react a bit differently. My sister did not like to even think about it at all, for example (she is 20, and probably still just not at that age where she is ready). She was sort of in "denial" of sorts, which could come off as uncaring thought it was not! She cried, just not when mum could see. Where I very much was into learning everything I could for my mum, and for me and my sisters future. My brother lives in another province and it was very hard for him to not know what was going on all the time, as they were so close, and I know he wanted to be here, but couldn't so it was scary for him too. But, they all really do care, and are scared, and I bet also realize how much they love you right now, and they will be your biggest supporters through this.

Rachel

Dear Ray Kay,

I lost my dad to cancer. I wish your mom all the best and keep the hope alive. I know its hard and at times like this all you want is for it to go away instead of everyone just telling you how to deal with it but the power of prayer is very strong. You and your family are in my prayers.

Alina

I'm pleased your Mother is doing well Rachel. She's definitely a fighter! Give her my love.

amum please come to the forum when you need us. I wish I'd found the forum when my Mother was dying of cancer of the pancreas and lungs. My father and two younger sisters were expecting miracles and I knew that she was dying, but they wouldn't listen to me. If it hadn't been for an older friend who gave me support and hugs when I needed them I don't think I could've held the family together.