On the pill having period pregnant

Skippy

It is possible for a woman to get preganant whilst on the pill. If the contraceptive is used correctly the chances are very slim. Pregnancy is far more likely to occur from incorrect use than failure of teh contraceptive.

If you define a period as the shedding of the lining of the uterus then you cannot be pregnant after having a period. But it is possible (in fact common) to have episodes of bleeding whilst pregnant, particularly early in the pregnancy.

A woman can get pregnant due to the following

1. On the Pill

2. With a condom (it can break) but this rarely happens and is the safest method of protection as it stands.

3. Pull out Method

4. On her period..

So basically this means a woman can get pregnant if ...(drum roll) she has SEX!!!!

So please don't take the chance of having unprotected sex trusting in these myths. Because sadly that is all they are...myths.

If i'm not mistaken, i was a "Pull out method" baby. Tee hee

i think i didnt expalin well enough..

My girlfriend is on the pill... she delayed her period using the pill for 2 weeks and we did have safe sex with a condom during this time.... now she is having her period with terrible headaches not feeling well.....

She has heard that u can be pregnant and still have your period.

IS that true?

No it is not true. You can get period like symptoms when pregnant....bleeding, cramps etc. but technically you won't be getting a period unless the pregnancy is aborting. A period is the shedding of the lining of the uterus. A foetus attaches to the lining of the uterus.

So if she is having her period she is either not pegnant or the pregnancy is terminating naturally. But from what you have posted it is extremely unlikely she was pregnant in the first place.

i think i didnt expalin well enough..

My girlfriend is on the pill... she delayed her period using the pill for 2 weeks and we did have safe sex with a condom during this time.... now she is having her period with terrible headaches not feeling well.....

IS that true?

As others said, she would not be having a "period". She could have some spotting, however heavy bleeding would indicate no pregnancy or loss of pregnancy.

She is probably feeling horrible as she delayed her period, and all the hormones are causing a huge fluctuation in her body....basically a withdrawl from the hormones.

the pill is very effective- from what I have been told, the most effective form of BCP. I have been on it for 2 yrs now.

the only way i can see her gettting preg is if she doesnt take her pills on time, forgets to take pills or vomits or has severe diarreah.

other than that the chances are VERY VERY slim