ok so the guy i talk to online and things, is planning on coming next week to meet,

we've been planning this for over three months, and the day is finally coming,

but now the thing is that, i told my mom about it, cuz u know, its alwayz good to tell someone when ure meeting a guy off the net,

but then she like told all her friends, and made a huge deal out of it, its like we haventmet each other in person and everyone thinks hes my boyfriend or w/e, even this one lady was like oh FINALLY u got someone im so happy for u and blah blah, i was like WHAT...............

then i had a talk wiht my mom and told her how mad i was at her for telling everyone when i had confided in her, but now that hes coming , she told me she wants to meet him before letting me go out with him, like just say hi, or w/e , see who the guy is and then we can leave,

But ont he other hand i understand her, cuz u know, she might be worried about who i am meeting and she just wants to make sure the guys not some psycho or something, but now i told the guy that my mom wants to say hi and things, and he got mad at me.

I told him that it woudl mean a great deal to my mom if he just said hi and things, then sshe would ge toff our case and let us be, but then he said its gonna be awkward and nerve-wrecking when we finally meet, but its gonna be worse with your mom being there , the first time we see each other...

then he told me how annoyed he was at her making such a big event about it, adn the whole world knowing that he is coming, that he wanted it to be more private, but that 'w/e, i could do w/e i wanted'

and i told him to try to understand my moms point of view, and he was like yeah.. its ok.. im just a little annoyed... ill be back later...

then he said bye.. and left..

so i dont know what to do, i even told him that if he didnt think he could do it, he could just cancel the trip and get his money back.... then he was like 'no, i can't, 'its non-refundable'"...

but yeah i dont even know what advice i wanted to ask for...

just opinions i guess...

p.s. im 5yrs younger than him , if that makes a diff..

I think you should just tell your mum to get her nose out of it.. you are 19, you can take care of yourself. Just make sure you meet him in a place with lots of people.

It is very nerve racking meeting someone you have only spoken to online - in September I met a guy in Perth I had been playing World of Warcraft with... very very scary but cool...

There's not even any guarantee that anything romantic will come out of it.. so I think it's a bit abrupt of your mother to insist on coming along...

Good luck!

i mean she's not actually coming along, if that was the case then.. wow. that would be too much,

according ot her she just wants to see the guy im gonna meet, and yeah she said something like ' u're 19 u can do w/e u want, but if something happens, then its ur problem not mine and blha blah blah, like trying to make me feel bad if i did.. so i dont know. klajdsfkldsafjsajdf

and the guy just got online again,really quick to tell me that he was just overreacting and that he would be back later and left again..

i dont know..

Confuzzling!

Lol sorry - it's 6 in the morning.. must have read that wrong..

I still think it would be too creepy for her to meet up with him at this stage. Perhaps just tell her where you are going to be and perhaps and emergency contact number and all that sort of thing... as I said, you are an adult now - while it's nice that your mother is looking out for you, you should be able to do this without her kinda interfering (my mother is exactly the same..that's why I had to hide many things from her when I was growing up so she wouldn't overreact!!)...

RED FLAG! If his intentions are pure, why would he have a problem meeting your mom? Your mom jumped the gun, it was harmless and shouldn't make this guy angry. This is someone who you really no nothing about other than what he has told you and he is 5 years older. He obviously has respect issues and maybe is looking for a weekend fling more so than a real relationship. Your mom is doing the right thing by wanting to meet him, whether you are 19 or 39, it's still a good idea. Keep us posted please!

Try to see things from his side. From him saying that he was overreacting I think he is trying to see it from yours.I think he's trying to get his head around what's happened your side. I'd find it terrifying enough to just meet someone online, let alone his/her mum.

If I was you I would meet him in a public place BEFORE I introduced him to your mum. You might not even get on in real life so take the 'Mum' pressure off him and go and have some fun and find out if he is even worth introducing him to you mum.

yeah i know, the plan was, that she would go down there, and just like wave at him , he woudl wave back and we would leave afterwards, but then i told her this just now and she was like WHAT? u want me to go down there and say hi, to meet the 'prince' what is that no no no, he has to come here and say hi , and i told this to the guy and then at the end when he was leaving he ws like, i'll go be a 'prince' now......so yeah ...

i really dont know what to do , i would feel really bad if i just left with him and my mom was up there ..

yeah i was thinking about it , cuz he was gonna come on wednesday, and that day i work, so i was thinking of him going ot my work, so we would see each other really fast and things, and then if we liked each other enough or w/e, he would go to my house and pick me up again, and my mom would be there saying hi or w/e, but then he changed it to tuesday a day earlier and i dont work that day, but maybe i could ask him to go see me at the uni, and then go to my house, maybe if we dont like each other he doesnt have to go to my house and go over the awkwardness of meeting my mom.. hmm i dont know..

I think you need to be a little more adult about this. You are letting your Mom dictate how you meet this guy and if I were him I would be hugely turned off. I understand her concern but if you are taking the proper precautions about meeting this guy from the internet for the first time it is no different than meeting someone for a blind date.

If this guy is thinking about the possibility of a long-term relationship with you the possibility of an over-protective and interfering prospective mother-in-law and a girlfriend who bows to her demands is not going to enhance your desirability.

Decide how you want to meet him with proper precautions, tell your mother what they are and then tell her that you appreciate her concern but you are going to meet him without a chaperon.