Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men Only Please. What is with the mixed signals?

Personally the best way to short curciut mixed signals is to confront someone and be upfront. Mostly we let people give us mixed signals and dont take responsibility for seeking out the truth.I think most people dont ask the other person whats with he mixed signals because they themselves are in fear of someone rejecting them so they let the other person continue dragging their head around.
    So basically if you can come to terms with the fact the other person may not really like you or want to be with you and if you can deal with the fact that they may reject you then you have the power to confront it and find the answer and move past it.
    Ive actually said to someone in the past....you are not being clear about how you feel about me....one moment you like me the next minute you seem cool......I like you but I need to know straight up if you feel the same......basically they had to answer me fairly straight.....they were not interested.....ok...no worries....I didnt have to even think about it again and all the games stopped.....

Hmmm...how do I probe whether or not to try to take things further. Well it would depend very much on how well I knew them already. If I didn't know them at all, then just making conversation, trying to be funny, gauging their reaction. If we sort of know each other, or share friends, then I might start inviting them places where a bunch of us are going, or asking if they are going to a particular party or something. If they never turn up to anything despite my invitations, if they don't go to stuff when I'm there, I'll back off. Also, I'll see how they behave with me. Do they walk through a crowded room to talk to me? Do they ignore me? Do they show any more or less attention to me compared with others? If I show more attention to them, do they reciprocate or do they keep walking off to talk to other people? Little things, dozens of little things. If someone comes accross as not interested I'll give up right away. Like I said, playing games is for losers. If you're interested I expect you to behave like you are. Whether they are disinterested or faking disinterest, either way that puts me right off. So be honest, with yourself and with others.

With women taking their rights to a whole new level these days, men tend to run away from women. They have fear of being maced and having the cops called on them, or kicked out of the club by the bouncers. But, those brave few (not me), will smile at you and talk to you. If they ask you out and give them their real phone number, then they're interested. But if they give you their "sister's" phone number, don't bother with him. Nevertheless, women are just as guilty to send mixed signals as well.

If a man is giving you mixed signals then he is either on the fence about you or isnt interested. I have found people claim that mixed signals are being given when the person claiming that X is giving mixed signals, clearly is interested in X and X isnt reciprocating that interest.

I dont think that subtlety is the way to go, it doesnt seem to be something that men pick up on, try a more direct approach.

Originally Posted by Day_Walker
    I have found people claim that mixed signals are being given when the person claiming that X is giving mixed signals, clearly is interested in X and X isnt reciprocating that interest..

This is what I worry about admittedly, that I may think he is giving signals but in fact it is all in my head. Then again this is why we have so many threads based on this question alone - it isn't so black and white Day_Walker, especially when it comes to those who are flirts or those who love to joke around but are too afraid to put their hearts on the line.

Anyone else notice this thread is 6 years old?

Osnap! Hahahahaha I completely missed the dates.

What's with the mixed signals, guys?!

Okay guys, here is one for ya! What about when you have had previous relationships with a guy. Then he tells you he doesn't think he wants to take the chance of getting caught but doesn't come right out and tell me "hey, this is over." Then you tell him that you didn't expect a relationship just a hook up here and there and then he tells you "its just to risky" but then continues to flirt and ask for things he said was a "risk"

Now this is the mixed signals from men that I don't get. Anyone got an answer for me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice