bump on my inner lip

It's been bothering me for a couple of weeks. It won't go away. I was wondering if anyone might know what could have caused it or what it could possibly be. There is a bump on my inner bottom lip that is almost like a very small swollen lump (with a white-ish liquid. At times it will be like it is gone. Then the next day it's huge...then small again. It's weird...and it bothers me. It doesn't hurt except when it gets bigger (never bigger than maybe one of these smilies...on my comp that is) and I accidently bite on it while chewing. Ouch! The size doesn't cause me pain...it getting in the way and me biting it does.

I mentioned it was like a "very small swollen lump" and "bump." I dunno...when I typed my main message I thought it was clear it was like a "bubble".

Not really affecting my gums. I mean it doesn't hurt or anything. It's just annoying me because it's there (when it increases in size). I stated what I think it might be. If I did have it looked at it would and removed have to wait until after finals (only one more month...yippee!). I'm just so busy with school (16 hours with so many time consuming classes...yikes!).

Its sounds to me like a mouth ulcer. They say it is caused when you are run down!!

If you dont have time to go see your doctor yet - wash your mouth out with salt water or a little vinegar every day ( it may sting a little)

im not sure if you have bonjela in the middle of nowhere but thats good too, you should be able to buy it from the pharmacy. If you dont have bonjela you can use anything that is used on babies gums when they are teething. just apply in to your lip like 2wice daily.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I was searching the internet for my lip problem and I ran accross this page. I realize the topic is quite old, but I am hoping the original poster is still around to maybe give me some information. I believe I have the same problem you had. On my inner lower lip, I get this little, clear bubble from time to time. It doesn't hurt at all unless I accidentally bite it. It often goes away, but will come back in a day or two. I have used a safety pin to pop it and all that comes out is this clear liquid, and then thing heals itself only to come back. It's almost like a blister or pimple or something. Did you ever find out exactly what it is?

• 1 year later...