Where do you cut???(a poll)

Moon Goddess

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my favorite place to cut is on my arms. the lower part, like from wrist to elbow, on the underside and the upper part. i have cut on nearly every body part from my eyes down, and yes, that includes my face.

i cut because i hate myself, and i find imperfections in everything that i do. i am told a lot that i am not worth anything and i am extremely depressed. ive been doing this for four and a half years, and working really hard to overcome it. i just want to climb out of this hole, but it is so deep that i can not do it alone. hopefully my mom will get me a therapist again so this struggle will be easier to overcome.

if i could tell anyone one thing it would be to not start cutting, and if you have, stop now. it really does only get worse. you will tell yourself that you wont get bad and that you'll stop, but its an addiction, like a drug. i know me saying just to stop sounds a lot easier than it really is but it hurts me to see people at the grocery tore or like anywhere doing everyday things with scars covering their arms or legs. the scars dont go away, and if they fade, they will still remain in your heart and soul. im not even kidding. i dont want anyone to be sucked into this epidemic like i had been. and that doesnt mean that its "what everyones doing" or "the cool thing to do" i just mean that a lot of people have resorted to cutting, worldwide, and remember, you are not the only one. but if you compare your lifestyle to some poor tribes in africa, some poor villages in india, or just your local homeless people, compare your arms to theirs, more people that aren't in poverty cut than those who are. why? i have no clue. but think. your life could be so much worse.

im sorry if i sounded mean or whatever. i just thoughd id let everyone know... anyway. have a good day.

This isn't really answering the original post, but i have to show my appreciation for HoldMeTightly. I think you really put that nicely. Cutting really is an addiction. It may look easy to get out of, but it's really the hardest thing to stop once you start. I've had friends ask me about it and i've told them time after time exactly what i said above. It is also really hard for people to watch loved ones slip into this black hole.

I'm sure you all know fine well that cutting brings about terrible risks.

Not only of scars and cutting too deep etc. But infection from dirty cutting utensils.

It may give you a sense of 'relief', but so do drugs, until you come crashing down and need another 'hit'.

There are more constructive ways of chanelling your frustrations, anger, guilt, pain, or whatever reason you may be cutting.

Let loose on a pillow.

Get a rubber band and snap that over your wrist.

Get yourself down to the gym and release those feelings.

But cutting is not the answer. It's not even a solution.

It's an addiction, and digging the hole you were put in.

Sitting alone cutting yourself and dwelling on bad thoughts is not the answer or the way out.

Taking control and saying to yourself when you feel it coming....STOP and then let the feeling inside settle into a burn in your stomach, then Get up, Get out and be with people until the feeling passes, and it WILL pass. This is the way out for a 13 year old with all her life before her.

why people cut isn't a really easy question to answer. it just happens. it's bad, we sure as hell know it, but once u realize how much it can help you it's a hard thing to stop. an addiction, as everyone has conveniently mentioned. people who cut haven't been shown a way to cope as well as more fortunate people have. it's the only way we see at the time and we take it, because human will is not strong enough to overcome some things in life. no matter how many times people use that extremely cliched, "if there's a will, there's a way" phrase.

replying to the orignal post, i've cut on my wrists, upper arms, shoulders, ankles, and stomach/waist area. cutting has been a relief and burden for me, and i am trying to stop. i have not cut for about 5 weeks now, and personally, it's a big goal for me and i'm pretty darn proud...

replying to the orignal post, i've cut on my wrists, upper arms, shoulders, ankles, and stomach/waist area. cutting has been a relief and burden for me, and i am trying to stop. i have not cut for about 5 weeks now, and personally, it's a big goal for me and i'm pretty darn proud...

Congrats on your accomplishment! just keep doing whatever you're doing, and maybe soon cutting will be in the past for you!

As for myself, to reply to the original post, i've cut on the palm of my left hand, anterior side (underside) of both left and right wrists and forearms, my torso, upper thighs, and the bottoms of my feet.. during hockey season i always had to be more discreet about it, so that the team wouldn't find out..

As for why i cut.. lots of different reasons. if i'm disassociated, usually it's to prove to myself that i'm real. help snap myself out of it. if i'm just really depressed, then i do it so i don't have to feel emotional pain, or because i just hate myself that much. i do it when i'm angry, to remind myself of exactly how horrible a person i am.. to punish myself, and remind me how worthless i am when i gain weight, or eat more than the daily caloric intake that i've set for myself.. or to remind me of what a failure i am. or if i'm about to have an emotional breakdown, it calms me down. i actually cut on different places, and different patterns for each reason.. does anyone else do that? maybe it's just me..

I do it rite below my wrist, so that i dont have a great chance of killing myself. But its like im running out of blood, its not coming out as much. So, could any1 tell me where the most veins are that are closest 2 the skin?!?

Yes, It is an addiction 4 me 2. I can't stop, yet i have tried many times. People think that they can jus tell me 2 stop an i will, but i they want me 2 quite, then i want them 2 quite smokin an drinkin. Its basically the same thing except cutting leaves scars...

~Danielle

i cut on my forearms and upper arms, stomach, neck, thighs, calfs, ankles, feet, hands. chest. i think thats it. i have been working hard to stop though.

i don't want to encourage cutting so i am not giving ideas on where to cut but am simply answering the post.

good luck to all those stopping cutting!!

Jen

I haven't for about 9 months now but I still think about it. I used to cut my wrists, arms, upper arms, legs, ankles and I even cut my face once I was lucky that one didn't scar. Giving it up isn't easy and I don't think you ever do in your mind. The only reason why I don't do it is because I made a promise. It doesn't mean I don't do it inside my mind. I found other ways of releasing stress like pinging elastic bands on my skin, biteing and pinching that type of thing dosen't leave scars.

~S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i cut on my upper legs or thighs...i would like to cut on my arms, because it is more easily accessible,but i am too afraid someone will see and find out.

i cut for several reasons, to feel the pain to take my mind off of my other pains, and sometimes i cut just to feel something,cause sometimes i just go numb.

My left forearm is scarred from where I cut, the others healed, on my calves and thighs. I've progressed, not regressed...So don't sit there and tell me that there are other ways out! (I hate when people do that.) I used to be suicidal, which is why I started carving (it's like cutting, only deeper, to make sure you scar, and it usually concerns words, shapes, etc.), way back when I was 12. As the years have gone on, I've virtually stopped cutting, only a few superficial cuts every now and then to...deal with emotional pain. Main reason. Does cutting really help? God, no. It's an addiction I'm definitely fighting to get rid of. I try to help my friends that cut too, try to make sure they don't get addicted. And, when I do cut, I actually tell somebody now. It really helps to have someone there for you.

Archived