'Cutting' Down

okay so obviously there is a double meaning up there in the title ^. Well, i have tried several times to stop. My ex bf has just stopped smoking for me, so i want to stop cutting for good for myself--and for him. i think that it would be good to stop for him because i want to show him that i really like him (whats the definition of love by the way?) possibly "love" him, but i want to stop for me because its hard to have people see scars and go "are you cutting again?" i just say no because on visible parts i dont cut, on my theighs and hips though... yeah well i havent quite quit yet. So how do i completely stop cold-turkey. He stopped smoking cold turkey, and i am sure i can stop cutting cold turkey. so any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

thats a good idea hopeless. try cutting something else. i know it sounds dumb, but it helps me. i cut paper a lot. but i cut little things out of it, like shapes and designs. i think being able to focus on the art of it helps me resist the urge to cut myself!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My story is my parents got divorced when I was very young I remember lots of yelling and violence, then we moved when I was about 6 my mother got a boyfriend that we moved with that was wanted we moved a lot, around 7 years old he started raping me and molesting/touching and physically violent, verbally, my mother always said she didn't care it was my problem, when I got older I told the cops and the relayed the message to my mother who told my step father and my step father pointed a gun at me. So I left moved in with my real father who kicked me out after about 8 months I wasn't social, or, smart.. gave him nothing to be proud of. I had ran away a couple times.. my step father had ran off though the cops found him, I then more less dropped out of school, lived alone, got into drugs, hung around dangerous, violent people almost everyone had been to prison, got in absive relationships.... was in lock-up and rehab by the time I was 17. I started cutting and burning around 12 years old. I am now married at 20 years old I was married at 19, I have borderline personality disorder, major depressive disorder, ocd tendencies, anxiety disorder, aghoraphobia, post traumatic stress disorder, binge eating disorder, insomnia, addiction problems, and ADD... I haven't cut in about 8 months...

does anyone have any problems like mine or had similar things happen?

I thank everyone for reading this and I would really appreciate replies.

In my opinion, cold turkey=bad, for cutting anyways. You're bound to have slip ups if you try this way, you just have to try taking it a day at a time, and I hope you've tried everybody elses suggestions!

PainNsiolence - Good job! 8 months is awesome! You could start your own thread. I'm fortunate enough that I haven't lived through such things. I wish you luck in the future.