Can you love someone so much it makes you cry?

Is it possible to love someone so much that if anyone speaks their name, you get so exhuberant that tears fill up your eyes and you just wish that that person was with you at that very moment? I tend to do that when I read emails from my boyfriend and I'm just wondering if I'm overemotional or if anyone else has experienced this.

Yes it is something that tells you that you really love that person, so never let that go. and never take it for granted...because when you know that its the best you ever had, everything else will always never compare....so grab ahold of it, and never let it go....So what you are feeling is that of a love that you may never feel again

I just know that if we have an argument, I'll feel really bad and regret ever not agreeing and just being happy. Sometimes I'll say things that I don't mean and wish they never came out... but the entire time I'm bawling and he told me that I was being overdramatic because every relationship has its tiffs but I want a relationship where there are none. I know it's none realistic but I can't help. He also told me that no relationship is perfect but we can always make it better. What's that supposed to mean? I mean, it's like our love will never be good enough but I don't want to think about that because it already tore me up that he even said that. I'm a person that dwells on things and am doing my best to stop and just move out from whatever issues we might of had... but it's hard to be happy all the time.

Well, you aren't *going* to be happy all the time ...at least, not the way you describe it. YOu seem to have a real emotional high right now, which isn't sustainable. When you come down off of it, don't freak out.

He's right, every relationship has it's bumps. No relationship is "perfect". It doesn't mean that it's a bad relationship, it just means you're going to have to accept said bumps for what they are and agree to work them out together.

And don't think you have to hold back any problems you might have for the sake of "just being happy". If you have some legitimate problems, share them. Work them out. That's what helps build real love.

You sound like a really emotional person, and I would be careful were I you. You might start overanalyzing things too much and drive him crazy.

Eh ...honestly, I know the problem but not the solution. My ex-girlfriend was also extremely emotional at times. After a while, it *really* started to get on my nerves. It wasn't just happiness with her, there were also so many tears and so much crying that sometimes I just wished she would shut up already and stop whining all the time.

She had problems with her family, though. She also didn't really have any friends at the time, and sorta depended on me to be her one escape. It felt like sometimes, if there wasn't any reason for there to be an emotional high ...she would create one. Usually a confrontation would ensue, I would get pissed off, she would cry ...and then twenty minutes later we would reconsile. Hug, kiss, tell eachother how much we loved eachother, yadda yadda ....

If you catch yourself trying to create some sort of huge, emotional showdown ...for the love of God STOP yourself.

i think at the end of the day you need to think of your relationship this way..so many people out there are so lonely and desperate to feel the way your feeling right now and thats what makes your love so special and unique and the fact you miss him so much is even better cause your relationship will be so strong..but when you start crying when you to are having a fight you need to tell him that you cant handle it and that your not being to over dramatic. And when you start questioning his actions just imagine you were him and what he thinks of the situation and take it from there. I think the most important element of a relationship is understanding one another.

Hope that helps

Yes- it's perfectly natural. Even the thought of them makes you cry. I think that when people are at this level of love, that's when they really love someone and feel that that person loves them back the same. I don't think that it's becuase you're overly emotional. Sounds like this person is possibly the one for you. Enjoy the relationship while it lasts!

P.S. Re-Edit- Don't be so hard on yourself. You are who you are, and sometimes, it's smart to analyze things about relationships. We can't be blind when it comes to certain issues. Although it may seem like you're being overanalytical, maybe it's your hunch that's telling you something just isn't right. What seems to be overanalytical could be that your gut is trying to warn you about something. Keep that in mind as well.

Thanks all for your responses. I told him exactly what was bothering me and that made me bawl twice as much. I've been on an emotional rollercoaster and yes, even though I'm glad I was able to speak my mind, I feel terrible since it was a subject we were so touchy on. We both agreed that I need to just breathe, take a moment, and let things go so I don't stress out but it's not something I can just do like flipping a light switch. I've had this happen to me before with past relationships but I value this one more than anything.

I guess it's time for me to believe in myself...

• 17 years later...
48 minutes ago, Breeann said:

I feel emotional. I started talking to this guy around the beginning of 2020. I think he dm before 2019 ended. We went to the same school and noticed each other. He finds me pretty. (Around after graduation)He told me he’s going to the army. I went out with him before he left. We were really fond with each other. He told me about his ex. He went to Korea and dated someone for a short period of time. Him and I still kept in contact. I grew feelings for him over time. Just yesterday I realized that I loved him. I don’t shed tears for nothing. Even though there’s problems I still stick around. Me and him were in contact for almost 3 years. I don’t know if will still be in contact. I hope we will. I’m worried about what’s to come. I don’t want to lose him. He’s the guy I truly have some thing real with. I’m mostly crying cause he’s leaving already to Texas. We do talk about the future. He be talking about babies and getting married. We do want the same thing. Its normal to cry for someone. I do know I only cry for someone that means a lot to me and means so much to me. I don’t know when my tears will stop. I even have a thought of taking a bullet for him. I do think about him or he’s on my mind. I can’t help how I feel. I didn’t had a tat of worry when he first went to Korea. I felt both happy and sad when he left for the army. Now that he’s going to Texas, I’m truly gonna really miss him. I’m crying cause gonna miss him and I don’t know what’s next to come Which I’m worried about. I would also feel Jealous and all I want his time and attention as much. It seems like I’m the only girl he has a thing for in his life that truly cares and truly loves him. Not even one girl in his life that never gave up on him. Not even one that stayed loyal except me. I’m not sure if he see’s that and I’m not sure if he knows that I loved him. My brother married his friend or best friend and they not living together. They are in long distance. If its possible for them I hope it’ll be possible for me and him. 

Its normal to cry for someone. You just don’t know when the crying will end and you don’t know what’s coming next. Which I know some people will be worried about. I don’t really feel comfortable in bed and I have a little hard time when falling asleep. I don’t have much appetite but I still eat but not the same amount I normally do. Also I don’t feel like doing anything. 

Its ok to cry. Your not over emotional. You just have a lot of love and care for them. How I feel and how it effects me shows how much someone means to me and how much I love them. 

Hey Breeann, this is a 17 year old thread. Would you like to start your own threads?