Why is it.....

what exactly is ego?

it is not always that a man wants to know he is the best. think of it this way, if your ex was better and now he's gone, what is going to happen to him. some guys really dont understand why a woman would not dump a guy who wasnt better than her ex in bed.

maybe he is scared he wont be able to please you as much and thereforeee be seen as second best, on both a physical/sexual and a mental lvl. i know guys who think that if they are not good in bed it means they are stupid and are not smart enough to get a girl to climax.

just another point of view, could still be his stupid ego though

Definitely or insecurity, ego or just hmmm....a lack of thinking things through before they ask such questions!

I have honestly NEVER EVER had someone ask me seriously if they were "the best I'd ever had" or anything along those lines unless it was a silly/joking situation but honestly never had someone ask me how they compare to others in a serious manner. I think I would of been weirded out if they did and would not be sure how to respond to that!

I'd have to go with the rest of the crowd.. They ask because of EGO.

One upsmanship. Having a bigger better toy than someone else... or in this case his tool. Is it bigger?? Is it better?? YIKES.. who can answer something like that... no wait, let me go survey 100 guys.. sheeeeshhh.

I'd say it was EGO. And yeah, it makes you stop and pause.. and think

eh???? How do you answer that??? LOL.

How old are we talking about here? A teenager I could understand but in their 20s?...I'd be very concerned about that person's maturity.

He's 26. But it's not about ego. I'd say it's cos he's feeling insecure..... I stuffed up and slept with the ex (cheating on my bf). He said he thinks about it a bit. I'm not gonna get into it, but I have told my bf what happened. He said he'd let it go (cos we've only been dating 2 weeks). So I kinda understand where he's coming from. He's said he's willing to make things work with me as long as i cut complete contact with my ex in which i have.

So thanks for everyones replies