depressed due to lack of finding love...

mattj

ok so im not special am i? just another of the 100's of guys who has tried to fnd love and has been disapointed and now feels like absolute junk...

The thing is i havent even been just sitting back and hoping either, i have asked out a couple of girls etc, its just noone is ever interested in anything more than friendship! i mean these are pople whose friends have suggested i ask them out and they aren't interested at all!

i just dont know what to do really- i wish i could just not worry about it, i really do, but now im just feeling so junky as noone ever seems to like me! i swear i have made loads of frinds from the couple of people i asked out who only wanted friendship, but i feel so empty inside after my attempts! i mean i have only really liked 3 girls in a big way in my entire life- i asked 2 out and 1 got a boyfriend before i did! i just dont know what to do really, i just seem to be really despairing and not myself!

sorry just needed to let of steam

i mean i have only really liked 3 girls in a big way in my entire life- i asked 2 out

So there's ONLY been 2 that have let you down? It won't be this way forever. It's still not fun to be turned down, of course- but 2 isn't enough that you should be beating up on yourself.

It's their loss if they said no.

BellaDonna

yeah and they're great friends and all now- its just to be honest i dont meet many girls- going to an all guy school and all- and i only really ever thought of the whole dating thing last year really, odd as it may sound!

it just seems hopeless though, i mean these are also the only people i have ever thought showed signs of mabe liking me- unless i always pick up signs of people liking me as a friend and cant see any signs of people liking me otherwise! and yeah i is all kinda pathetic to complain about but hey, you can't help feeling very down sometimes!

hey dude,

I'm 19 and sort of in the same boat. I have never known a girl to be attracted to me. It got me down for a long time and still sort of does every now and then. I've just started taking control of my destiny, you might say. I've had coffee with one girl, got to know her. I found out she just wanted to be friends which is cool. So I move on. It wold seem that we would all be happy if a girl we were interested in came up to us and threw her arms around us and told us how she loved us. Ask yourelf though, despite how much we yearn to be loved, that would make it too easy.

It sucks man, I know. That's the best way to describe it. And it can seem like a real pain and downer to see other people getting together with a higher rate of success.

That's the way it is. Surely, we will all find love in due time. Downt get down about it and learn that somethings are worth waiting for

~Mark

its just to be honest i dont meet many girls- going to an all guy school

This will pass. You'll have many more opportunities to date when you're out of high school.

Does your school have social events with any all girl schools? I know sometimes school like that do- and it's a good opportunity to meet new people.

Youth groups and other community organizations are other great places to meet people too.

But it sounds to me like you're being too hard on yourself. You're at an ALL GUY school.....of course it's an obstacle to dating! It's not YOU. Keep your head up and hang in there.

Girls also like confidence...so if you show them:

im just feeling so junky

it's not attractive....... Be proud of who you are! If you think you're somone great to date then they will too. Attitudes tend to be contagious, so you want yours to be positive when you do meet a girl you like.

BellaDonna

yeah i do have 1 subject i do at a grils school (how i met these girls i mentioned...)

and there is some kind of joint-school ball coming up but thats for couples from both schools so....

and yeah i normally do come accross as confident when i am feeling ok, just lateley kind of dont feel up to much- which is only normal i guess

Friend, don't be discouraged. Getting girls takes a lot of work and a long time to get good at it. You need to try with a whole lot more than a couple of girls before you start to have something to worry about, but something tells me you'll find something if you keep trying.

If girls keep "let's just be friends"ing you, you need to be more forward. Let them know you're interested in more than just friends. And how do you do that? I'll pm you a site to help you.