stinky pre-cum?

CarChica

Is is his precum or just bad hygiene?

Maybe he has an infection? I recommend you get yourself checked out too - it may be a yeast infection or an STI, and you may be transferring it back and forth.

It could also have to do with his diet - that can alter taste and smell. But rule out health issues first...and it's sensitive, but you have to bring it up with him.

Have him get checked out- just to be safe. Does it look any different? Is the consistency different? If so it could be the signs of an infection.

Also- the saying "you are what you eat" has some truth to it.

Coffee, garilc, onions, fish- thay can all affect the taste....If he's eatign a lot fo those foods , it could be a factor.

Have him eat some pineapples.

BellaDonna

Well its same the consistency(sp?) He has great hygene, he is obsessive compulsive about hygene and everything else for that matter

and he pretty much been eating the normal stuff, no onions, no fish(hates it) So I dunno. How do I tell him that he has stinky pre-cum?

Veeerrrryyyy gently. He may resent this, but just give him some room and just try to be understanding that some men feel like they are judge by their package.

I would tell him that you are concerned because you know him very well, and you've noticed a difference in his semen lately. Tell him it smells different than usual-

He'll likely ask you what you mean by "different". Here's where the wording is VERY IMPORTANT. (I suggest abandoning the word "stinky" in your response) Tell him you have always loved the way he smells and tastes- but that lately his semen has had a stronger, bitter smell. Tell him you think he should get checked.

This a very sensitive topic so don't mention it WHILE you are being sexual. Mention it when you are together and relaxed, either holding each other, etc. I've found that tough topics are always easier if you're hugging and have positive body language. You don't want to embarrass him. You also don't want him to think you find him gross. So when you say it- say it as someone who's concerned for his health- don't make a huge ordeal out of it and act grossed out- but stress it enough so he'll be serious and get checked out.

I hope this helps,

BellaDonna

Well the purpose of precum is to clean out the urethra before the semen comes out and to neutrailze the the pH of any residual urine so the sperm do not get affected by the toxicity of it whiel traveling through the urethra. So chances are the new smell you are noticing only in the precum has to do with his urine changing.

What you eat and drink can affect your urine. Is he on any medications? Taking antibiotics can change urine significantly and give it a much stronger odor....which might affect the precum since it cleans out urine.

BellaDonna

It could definitely be a factor.

Has he seen a doctor about this, or did just diagnose himself?

If it is indeed a kidney infection, ingoring it could make the condition worse, or even fatal. link removed

If it's not- then it's something else that still definitly needs to be addressed by a doctor.

Urge him to seek medical attention ASAP, if he hasn't already.

BellaDonna

If it were a kidney infection - or any UTI really, he needs to see a doctor ASAP.

Untreated, a kidney infection leads to kidney failure - resulting in a need for dialysis, transplants, and even death. They are very serious - and I can tell you from when I had one, once they progress they are absolutely AWFUL to have. I was hospitalized because I got so ill.

He should go see his doctor ASAP.

Well he diagnosed himself because had them before. He is taking antibotics that I had from just a few weeks ago. unfortunately he is going through a divorce so he cant get his insurance card or info and he dosn't have a job right now so he cant get to the doctor

GAH! NEVER TAKE SOMEONE ELSES ANTIOBIOTICS! More importantly, why did YOU not finish your course of them? If you don't finish them (even if you feel better) they do not work - your body develops resistance to the antibiotics themselves.

How does going through a divorce prevent him getting that information if its his information? And with a kidney infection, he can go to the ER or other low-cost/free clinic. Even ER's that charge, you can work out a deal to only pay like a dollar a month or something ridiculous like that.

Gotcha. I couldn't finnish the antibiotcs because I was getting alot of mouth ulcers from thm which made it very difficult to eat. I will have to bring up the ER thing to my b/f. He was so misserable last night. He barely got any sleep and neither did I.

It's definitely not something one should mess with (kidney infections) and the like - they can cause serious damage to kidney's and a doctor should check for that.

And yes, find a university hospital/teaching hospital or whatever, they are generally good at working a payment plan of sorts out.

You can't put a price tag on health. I know it's hard not to have insurance- I was without it for years while I was in college. Some clinics do offer payment plans. Health comes first, he can worry about the finances later. Plus, the lonnger he waits- the worse it can get- and the more EXPENSIVE if might be to treat him. I know men sometimes need to be dragged to the doctors, kicking and screaming (I know my husband does). Don't stop nagging him unitl he goes. This is the one case where it's OK, and vital to be "a nag".

BellaDonna

I know men sometimes need to be dragged to the doctors, kicking and screaming (I know my husband does). Don't stop nagging him unitl he goes. This is the one case where it's OK, and vital to be "a nag".

BellaDonna

LOL, my boyfriend too...I had to make him PROMISE to go for his 30th b-day to doctor as he has not gone in ages - I just want him to get his moles checked out annually now, and start the annual prostrate exam...and I finally managed to get him to kinda agree..when he turns 30 (less than a year away now..in meantime I keep an eye on his moles!).

I just got my husband to go last month. He's 28- so no prostrate exam yet- but they screened his cholesterol, etc. I have a feeling it's going to be much harder to get him to go when the time comes for prostrate exams. I try to explain to him that he can deal with the annoyance for a few seconds or he can risk dying of cancer....

Health is the one, and only thing I truly NAG him about.

I'm sure if finances are a concern, it must be even harder for CarChica to get her man to go...more excuses to avoid doctors.

BellaDonna

lol yea Finnances are the main thing. The first thing he said yesterday was "I can't afford to go to the doctor" He needs to go anyway. Cause he is concered why he can't cum. It is upsetting him so much He thinks this coming up has somthing to do with but i dunno. What to do, What to do

Why are men so darn stubborn when it comes to their health??? ugghhh.

OK.. I agree... NAG HIM TILL IT HURTS... and if he's a GROUCH so what.. duck and let i fly. A kidney infection is nothing to play with. And if he's not able to cum... well then, this should be enough impedous for him to get his sick BUTT into a doctor and get checked. How would he like never to be able to cum again. Play him.. tell him he may never be able to get it up again...maybe it'll spur him to go and get checked.

Finances. Know where you are coming from. But there are many teaching hosipitals in every major city that will put him on a payment plan.

Tell him to go now... before the plumbing gets worse and his bill will be HIGHER.

> its just like avoiding household repairs.. if you do not fix a teeny tiny leak.. it can turn into major big big $$$ dollars from all the damage it can do.

Get him to a doctor. Guilt him into it. Do whatever you have to do.