What kind of guys like shy girls?

Aoiumi

My question is, what kind of guys like shy girls? I have been batteling with shyness for most of my life (I am 24). I am really attracted to outgoing guys (which is probably not surprising) but have often had them suggest to me that I'd be better with a shy, quiet guy, which is not what I want at all! Any comments would be appreciated!

We all have our preferences. Try working on the shyness. Force yourself to talk to a stranger every day. Put yourself in situations that make you uncomfortable. Only by facing down your fears can you affect change. It's not easy, but worth it. Trust me. I was there.

By the way, I like shy girls. But that's me.

I know some guys who like shy girls, b/c they are shy themselves or conservative as well. However, it's debateable whether an outgoing guy will go for a shy girl (depends on standard of shyness) b/c too shy for him might be a turn off. But quite often I see couples in which they just seem to compliment one another, neither one was the opposite upon ipression from the other.

There could be several types of guys looking for shy girls for different reasons. Perhaps:

1. He's introverted?- Likes attract likes.

2. Driven by Sexual Desires- Stereotypical Fantasies- Some people like to imagine themselves banging up nerdy librarians.

3. He Likes a Freak in Bed- Another common stereotype, in which he thinks that some shy girls who are the quiet bookworm type, tend to be the freakiest in bed.

4. A Guy Who Enjoys Mystery- she comes off as being mysterious. He wants to explore who she is: her beliefs, thoughts, & emotions.

5. He's Naturally Drawn to Shy Girls- Simply because it's habitual/instinctive- he's always liked shy girls his entire life.

6. He Enjoys a Sense of Variety- Some men like to explore several types of women: Wild -->Moderately wild -->Conservativly shy.

7. He Adores Wholesome Classyness- to him, shyness may come off as classyness, purity, helplessness, and/or a girl who's genuinely a cute, take-home-to-mama type of girl!

It could be one thing from this list, or a combo. Just depends on the guy and what he's looking for. Btw, if you like outgoing guys, then you do. It's impossible to force yourself to like a shy guy just because someone else says to do so. And, if your outgoing boy pal says to date shy guys, then he's probably a really good friend who is watching out your back for you and wants to protect you!

I agree with BillyJean's list. I look shyer than I really am and have had all sorts approach me, including all of those in that list. There's just no way to rigidly categorize what kind of guys like shy girls.

Also, another type who is extremely attracted to shy girls is the abusive and controlling kind of guys. They have a fantasy/hope that the shy girl will let them push her around. And those who are physically abusive can get their kicks by beating up girls who they hope will cower in the corner.

Thanks for the replies! See, I think it's just in my nature to be on the quiet side, but once I become comfortable with a person I can talk more (although it usually takes a long time).

There's this guy I like right now that basically the life of the party, but I'm afraid to express in interest in him because I have a feeling he'll just tell me I'm too shy and quiet for him. I'm trying to get over my shyness because it feels like I'm missing out on so much...guys overlook me and it's harder to get a good job!

(raises hand) I do.... ; ) I mean, I like girls who are on the shy-er end of the spectrum. I actually think its kind of cute. I'm working on my outoging nature. The thing is, yes sometimes two shy people would be great for one another, but how would they meet?

I'll tell you. Im kinda shy and this other kinda shy girl meet at a sailing school during the summer. We sail 2 man boats ( 420's and Lazer 2's) so the instroctor put us together and said if you don't like how the crews are you can switch in the after noon but we didn't switch for the rest of the time we were ther. I knew her from the year before but we didn't talk much then so it was still pretty aqward. And now im knida seeing her but not really. But what im getting at is: 2 shy people will meet by bing forced togoether.

Hi shy girl,

I am an extroverted guy and a total hottie, and I like girls who are shy (as long as she's smart, funny, beautiful, etc). The reason is that I have no problem picking up beautiful extroverts. I do have trouble picking up shy girls because they do not flirt back, so I can't tell whether they find me attractive. Extrovert girls will say "you're so hot!", "you're so sexy!", or better yet, they are too busy drooling to say anything, but the introvert girl won't give me any signal or give me negative signals.

So don't despair, some outgoing hottie will look past your shyness and try for a relationship. Just don't be too skeptical, give the guy a chance, and trust your instincts (ditch the guy if it doesn't feel right).

So don't despair, some outgoing hottie will look past your shyness and try for a relationship. Just don't be too skeptical, give the guy a chance, and trust your instincts (ditch the guy if it doesn't feel right).

Thanks for the encouragement, wildone1!

I like outgoing girls better but I'm an outgoing guy myself. I'm not really attracted to shy girls....I think you should give a shy guy a shot.

Well, everyone has their own opinion. I don't think I've ever been attracted to a shy guy! I guess since I desire to be more outgoing myself, I tend to look for that characteristic in guys.