"So fat" but eats nothing but junk!

ok, my girlfriend has what a lot of girls have and thats the "i'm so fat" belief. However that isn't the problem. The problem is even though she believes this she does nothing about it, in fact the complete oposite. She eats junk all the time and quite frankly it's beginning to show. I keep dropping hints not that shes getting chubbier but that she eats far too much trash but she seems to think I'm just joking.

What can I say to her to encourage her to eat better/thats not horrid/let her know shes putting on some pounds?

i'm not so bothered about her getting bigger but she never was and is now so it's her health more than anything.

go out with her on a date,

but instead, ask her if she would want to go maybe to a rollerrink, or go for a nice evening walk.

It's a good way to be on a "date" but still be that least bit active, and wen meal time comes, tell her you wanted to try this new health bar or some place healthy and tell her that it's really good foood ther or something, but remember, unless you both r open with eachother, don't make it obvious that you're trying to make her active.

if you guys r comfortable with eachother, tell her straight up, that you think that it's not good that she;s eating all that junk.

I know it's hard, but you may have to eventually, because this can affect her health.

Next time she goes grocery shopping go along with her. This way you REALLY get an idea of what she wants.. and this way you can voice your opinions in a way where it you seem fit. I wouldn't call her out on it, but I would drop hints to let her know there are other healthier foods that she could buy.

eeekkk.... tread lightly.... this is a difficult issue.....

I dunno... I do think it's a self-esteem issue. Not only laziness. I mean, McDonald's has salads and healthier options, so I don't see that as the big problem.

Before I lost 20 pounds, I would sometimes also say, "oh, I'm fat, so what difference will another burger make?" (well, one burger doesn't do anything. But, burgers all the time do!)

Well, I don't know... you're in a bit of a tough situation. Maybe this is a dangerous idea, but why don't you just ask her the next time she says she's fat, say, "so, then why are you eating a burger and fries instead of a healthy salad?" I wonder what she would say to that?

i would say ask her if she wants to be ur workout buddy cause u really want to start workin out. and go from there. like say how u want to put urself on a diet and work out every other day. maybe she just needs someone to do stuff with her, i know lots of girls like that

the worst thing to do with a girl is drop hints that they are gettin bigger, cause im sure she knows she is.

just make it out like u really want to start workin out and want her to be with u to help make u get out there and do something.....when really u are helpin her!

or you can do that too....

I remember 5 years ago, my then bf did the same thing on me. He said to me one day, "let's go for a bike ride today!" (It's not like I didn't ride my bike. I knew he was trying to tell me I was getting big )

So, whatever, I say, "sure." And then, it's pouring rain outside, and we go to his bike, and his chain is broken! No bike trip. He should have thought things out.....

If you're going to suggest it, make sure your plan makes sense...

Do you eat bad fast food too?

Change your own eating habits if you do, and the thing is even places like McD's and BK have healthier options now, some of their salads and sandwhiches (ie grilled chicken sandwhich without mayo) are much better - still have lots of sodium so not great, but can be a occasional treat. The yogurt parfaits are yummy too Tell her you want to eat better, and are going to try some healthier options, maybe she will follow lead.

Also, tell her you want to start working out more, and invite her along...go for a bike ride, or walks in park, go play frisbee or catch.

You can't FORCE her to change, but you can encourage her by example and encouraging her to join you. If she does, she will find herself feeling better, and be more encouraged and motivated.

Good luck! And I agree, a healthy active lifestyle and healthy nutrition are both very important, and while weight is not everything as health can come in many shapes and forms, in my opinion health is very important, and fast food and no exercise is not very healthy at all!