Ask For Advice

Thread: is Massage Oil Vagina-Friendly?

thinksalot

is Massage Oil Vagina-Friendly?

In the event that you find yourself out of lubricant.
    Could you substitute with massage oil?

Is it "Vagina-Friendly" ?

studygirl
    No, if you use massage oil you could get yeast infections, unless it is produced as a lubricant/massage oil.

arwen
    Eh... I wouldn't use oil there. It is not bad, but it can alter the pH of the genitals, like anything else not especially meant for that area can.

But the biggest problem is that you will really bring down the safeness of a condom.

Ilse.

Day_Walker
    Unless it expressly says that the oil can be used as a lubricant I wouldnt use it for that purpose.

RayKay
    Not unless it says safe as a personal lubricant on it. Some massage oils are also lubricants (ie KY makes some), others are strictly for massage.

Not only can it alter your natural bacteria balance - causing yeast infections, leading to urinary tract infections, or bacterial vaginosis, it also would not be safe with some contraceptive devices (ie condoms).

Also, some of the additives in the oil may react with the mucous membranes of your vagina, since it is very sensitive, causing allergic reactions.

Top Threads
Would you tell a potential sex partner about a sexual assalt? Guys?
I'm seeing someone new and things are going great, it's heading in "that" direction. When I was 19 I was sexually assaulted by two men, I
I have no interest in having any form of intimacy with my boyfriend.
Hi, first ever post on here - I'm just in need of some advice on something. I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 29 - we have been together for almost a
Has anyone here ever gotten extreme headaches from orgasm?
Occasionally, my wife has to stop trying to have an orgasm because she starts to have an extreme headache. If she goes through with it to orgasm
Did my Military Husband Cheat on Me?
Hello again! I have another question I would love to get advice on. So.....my husband was caught texting a coworker. How did I catch him you ask?
Abortion
Just recently, a few days ago actually.. I had an abortion at 12 weeks. I feel so many emotions. I feel upset, depressed, relieved, stressed all at
Bad odor from vagina?
Recently I had sex with my boyfriend and when he went down on me he just couldn't because he said it smelled bad that he couldn't. That was yesterday
Question
I am a white girl and have always had the "black" guy fantasy. I have recently met a black guy I connect with. I was looking for more a fling (he
Featured Threads
How should I proceed?
I have financially supported my wife for the first 10 years of our marriage. I paid for everything (including her student loan from college) while
Was it rape if it wasn't violent?
Okay, I've never posted this on a forum or anywhere before so it's a little uncomfortable for me but bear with me. I met a guy two years ago that
Not sure what to make of this
So my boyfriend, 28, and I (26) have been together a year and a half now. My boyfriend, "Brett", used to be a member of this site called 'Suicide
Was He Cheating?
I need some advice. I have been with my bf for 2.5 years. I recently went through his phone which I never do but I had a bad feeling. He's been
My mother is snooping into my relationship
I know I posted about how my boyfriend came out as a bisexual after three years of dating right before he wanted to propose. And if some of you don't
hello new here and have a very unique situation
I just want to say HI and share a situation that I need help with desperately. So I will start off. I am a 37 yr old male, healthy and fit. I own
Do I leave my secure relationship for my soulmate?
So I've been with my fiancÚ for about 6 years and engaged half that. I've also been friends with a coworker of his for those 6 years. Only about a
Ask For Advice