Ask For Advice

Thread: is Massage Oil Vagina-Friendly?

thinksalot

is Massage Oil Vagina-Friendly?

In the event that you find yourself out of lubricant.
    Could you substitute with massage oil?

Is it "Vagina-Friendly" ?

studygirl
    No, if you use massage oil you could get yeast infections, unless it is produced as a lubricant/massage oil.

arwen
    Eh... I wouldn't use oil there. It is not bad, but it can alter the pH of the genitals, like anything else not especially meant for that area can.

But the biggest problem is that you will really bring down the safeness of a condom.

Ilse.

Day_Walker
    Unless it expressly says that the oil can be used as a lubricant I wouldnt use it for that purpose.

RayKay
    Not unless it says safe as a personal lubricant on it. Some massage oils are also lubricants (ie KY makes some), others are strictly for massage.

Not only can it alter your natural bacteria balance - causing yeast infections, leading to urinary tract infections, or bacterial vaginosis, it also would not be safe with some contraceptive devices (ie condoms).

Also, some of the additives in the oil may react with the mucous membranes of your vagina, since it is very sensitive, causing allergic reactions.

Top Threads
Anxious For HIV Test Results
I've read a lot of people's posts recently and none seem to fit my concerns. I'm 24, have had multiple partners and sadly I can only think of maybe 1
Sex Drive Vanished
Hello all, First time posting here. I need some opinions. I've been with my bf 3 years. I just moved in with him and recently discovered that
Flirt with my fiance
I'm 29 my fiance she is 28 she's good looking polish girl I have been with for 6 years. She's better looking than me and have often wondered if
Featured Threads
The ex that wouldn't go away
I am engaged to the woman of my dreams. After a couple dates I told everyone I was going to marry her. She told her friends the same. My only hang up
Crying
IM A 63 YEAR OLD WOMAN ,and my life has turned upside down. I cry day and night. For some damn reason I'm lost , alone and just cant figure things
SO (girl of 23) doubting our relationship, won't let go of ex
So currently going through a very complicated situation with my SO. I started seeing this girl in November of last year, while she was still with
My friend has no life...No job and currently lives at home. At nearly 30
One of my very good friends has always been the impressionable type. When I encouraged her to have stronger boundaries, to be less passive and to
Ex is getting married
Hi, I went into no contact with my ex around 14 weeks ago. I had decided that there's nothing left for me to do or say that would bring her back to
Friendless and Lonely
Hi all, I've decided to turn to an online forum for advice on a current friendship issue. I want to say thank you in advance to those who take the
Swapping childcare, she stopped responding...
Background: I struggle with intimacy and relationships in general. Coming from abuse and neglect means I've always struggled with trusting others
Ask For Advice