How can you get your girlfriend out of a bad mood??

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 months now and everything has been great. We love each other very much and have a good relationship. Its just sometimes when shes comes home from her work she is stressed out cuz her working conditions change alot and the supervisors sometimes give her a hard time. Sometimes when I come to see her at her house after work she is really bummed out and doesnt want to be bothered. How can I make her feel more happy to see me? How can I get her out of a bad mood and feel better?

Hi there,

definitely give her time to unwind from her day and.. this is going to sound silly, but have you tried chocolate? I've heard that it's a kind of mood enhancer. Anyway, it can't hurt --unless she doesn't like it or is allergic.

Hope things improve, let us know

Did ya try a shoulder or foot massage?

Just listen to her for a bit, don't try to solve her problems.

Empathize with her and let all the things of her day wash over you, then see how she feels after that.

Guys don't need to be afraid of girls expressing themselves. You've got broad shoulders right? Funny how a woman's emotions are like hot potatoes to guys, they can't deal with them. But really they don't have to.

l think you should spoil her rotten if she's having a hard time. Buy her chocolates and make her a meal. The worst thing you can do is make her feel bad for the way her feelings are affecting you negatively. I dont think its a good idea to make a stressed person feel guilty! If you treat her lm sure her mood will lift and she'll realise she has a wonderful supportive boyfriend!

I ALWAYS come home from work grumpy and my bf always has to put up with it. I usually take my anger out on him too, just because he's around. He realised that i had a bad though, he'll ask if there's anyhting i want, or want to do. He'll give me my space and in about half an hour i'll feel a lot better.

Just listen to her and ask her if there's anything she wants, like a massage or something. Good luck.

Don't respond to her bad mood by going into a mood yourself.

Ideally this would be the obvious thing to avoid, but can be quite difficult when your girl is in a mood and instead of letting you be a listener, just tries to be plain nasty to you.

One mistake I think guys make is that when there is an "apparent" problem, they instinctively try and find a sollution. A lot of the time I find that women don't want you to solve it, just be there. Guys in general are much more systematic, where you say to yourself "if I do this, then that happens, etc". "If I've got a problem, I think and find a sollution". Women from my experience don't always think that way. It's different, and isn't as set in stone.

Myself and my girlfriend used to argue a lot when she was "in a mood" for what ever reason. It took me a while to realise that what I was trying to do for her to get her out of it was overkill and unwanted, and that the real "sollution" wouldn't really be classed as a sollution in a man's eyes. A simple hug. Although my hugs are always sincere, and I love my girlfriend very much, the first time I heard her say "can I just have a hug", I thought "of course, but what bloody good is that really going to do". I was shocked.

So my suggestions are

1) hug

2) if you know she's had a bad day before she gets home, then surprise her with something nice (it doesn't have to cost money)

3) space (unless she requests your company), but let her know that you're there for her.

Now if anybody wants to help me out, the only place where I still have a problem. If I'm with my girl and she is in a mood and she gets nasty, if I walk away she automatically interprets my action as extreme and gets worse (this would generally prolong the argument), and she would hold the fact that I walked away against me later. If I stay she just gets upset, and I tend to get in to a mood myself which I know doesn't help.

Usually later though she would appologise for her actions, and if I was in a mood, so would I (I generally would be at that stage). But I would love to just avoid that as best I can. After we argue and come to our senses we tend to just smile and tell eachother our bickering was stupid and unnecessary. But in the heat of the moment it's horrible.