Decided to be just friends for now. is there still a chance?

Me and my ex were trying to get back together after a month of being apart and things didn't seem right so we decided not to go on any furthur in order to save our friendship. I kno she still loves me she just has a lot of personal problems in her life right now that she cudn't handle a relationship right now and i understand that. i kno she still loves me and wants to be with me and i feel the same for her. Me and her both agreed that we kind of lost the friendship that we started w/ in the beginning and decided that maybe we shud take this time to find that again. She said she thinks this is a good idea because she still see's a future w/ me which is good. I love her so much, i did this because i didn't want to see her stressin over me too, she didn't need it right now.

I guess my question is do you guys think that me and her still have a chance in the future of getting back together?

for most relationships, NC would definitely help. But for some reason for me and her this would not work at all. First of all, we are both not strong enough to do this because i garuntee that after at a couple days one of us is going to crack and make contact, bringing it back to square one again. We both still love each other very much, its just that she was a lot of other problems in her life right now that she needs to take care of first and i dont want to add any more pressure on her, thats why i decided to step back and be her friend for now. We still talk all the time and still make plans to hang out together. I just felt she needed to be a little less stressed.

Is there anybody on here that has taken the friend approach and made good use of it and came out being together again at the end of it all?

• 11 months later...

I have gone through almost the exact situation with someone I love. He got too stressed out and couldn't deal with a relationship. We agreed to be "on a break" and remained friends with benefits. It still fell apart and he told me that he just couldn't deal with the relationship. It's hard to accept but in all of this take care of yourself first, doing that doesn't mean you love her any less. In my experience I found myself always trying to put him first because I loved him and it sounds like you are being really selfless right now, but right now you both need to worry about yourselves and that you are ok. I agree with the other posts. Just remaining friends will probably lower your chances of rekindling something was there, because it is still a relationship and it will still stress her out. I will just get increasingly frustrating for both of you to work backwards like that because you will want more than what you are given, or can give, and it will just be damaging to any future relationship you will have together. I know this from experience, except I feel like I pushed my ex too far and now he is convinced that there will never be able to be anything between us ever again. Don't make the same mistake I did. I know it will be hard but you should probably consider removing yourself from the situation for a little while and cutting contact, just make sure she knows you love her and you will be there for her if she needs you. So back off and give it some space. If you love each other the way you say you do you will find each other when the time is right. Good luck.

If a relationship is adding to the stress is someone's life, it's best to walk away. Relationships are not always easy, there is conflict at times but they should not be mainly stressful, they should be mainly enjoyable and fun. Your significant other should be the one person in your life who is the most understanding and stresses you out the least when your life is the most stressful from all the other things going on. I think you really need to evaluate the relationship and consider why it was adding to your ex's stress...if there is hope to reunite, you both need time off and you need to find the problems in the relationship...what went wrong besides the issues outside of the relationship that she was dealing with? There must have been something because if partners are flexible, understanding, and soothing to each other, issues external to the relationship should not ruin the relationship. In fact the relationship should be the sanctuary from all of that stress. If you can take time off and really reflect on that and decide whether it's worth it to try again later, that might work. Being "friends" right now might just set you back.