My Dad won't talk to me cause I went on a date......

I'm feeling so hurt right now!. I went out on a date Friday night. Since I told my Dad that I was going on the date he hasn't spoken to me. He has told me that I am not to make any plans for the upcoming weekend and that I am needed around the house. I am so angry with him I am 21 for crying out loud!. My Mum reckons it's to do with something else going on at his work and stuff but I know the reason why he won't talk to me. He needs to let go and I don't want our father/daughter relationship to suffer, but if he can't let go then I'm going to have to move out for my own freedom. I've tried talking to him but he just ignores me. I feel so bad, I feel like I'm the one in the wrong for living my life at last!

It's been 4 days scince he's spoken to me. It's starting to take it's toll on me, I'm so tired I can't sleep. Help Me!

Any advice on how to sort this situation out I would greatly appreciate! Thankyou!

He's not mad at you because you went out on a date. He may be taking his frustrations out on you because he's facing a difficult period in his life right now. Do not take this personal. I can understand how you could feel upset, hurt, or even angry at your father. But as more time passes, he will get over whatever it is he's going through. While he may be upset at you going on a date because it took away from whatever it was he wanted you to do, he's really upset because of other issues he's dealing with and NOT because you went on one measly date. Talk to your mother, friends, or other family members. Everything will be ok.

I'm sure a big part of this is that your Dad is feeling like he is losing his baby girl. I don't know if you are the only daughter or youngest, but a lot of Dad's especially those with an 'old world' mentality take it hard when their daughter is on the verge of 'leaving the nest' especially if you have a close relationship.

He'll eventually come around and learn that it's okay for you to have your freedom and be on your own. If you decide to have kids later and he becomes a grandpa, you see'll a huge change in his attitude again - only this time it'll be a positive.