16 year old girl...65 year old guy

You should be very proud of yourself. Alot of girls would have been too ashamed or scared to do anything. But you thought quickly when it happened, was brave enought to tell your grandpa, and determined not to let him get away with it. Your a smart, mature girl and may have saved alot of other girls from this guy.

• 4 weeks later...

You have no idea how brave you are and how much of an inspiration you must be to other people who have had the same thing happen. I don;t know you personally but I can honestly say that I am proud of what you are doing...it takes a very strong person to do this. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan for you.

Honey - you are really an inspiration! You're going to be fine - it will be hard, but just get up there and tell the truth. Who knows how many girls you are saving from being molested by this creep! Take care!

Exactly. Sarah, you going up in court and telling what happened could prevent him from doing this to another person. What you did was very brave and courageous and you should be proud of yourself.

You've come this far, be brave and finish this up, you are doing the right thing!!!

I had an 83 year old get ahold of me. I was 13-14 at the time. It was not pretty. Don't let your grandpa's "friend" touch you or anything else for that matter. Stay away from you. If grandpa's "friend" was really your granpa's "friend" then he would be respectful to you and your grandfather both. What he did was unbecoming.

For anyone else who comes in here seeking help. Do so. Seek help. Do not worry about the consequences. You seek help, get it. If you do not get help it will only torment you more.

First tell your grandpa, and just be cautious. This guy is a sick perverted old man, just probly looking for....heck I don't even want to know whats goin on in his head. You just need to be careful when he's around, keep your distence and keep someone you trust with you, atleast until you get it all figured out!

hope that helps!

Well, back when that guy was young such an age difference didn't have the same meaning. It's also possible the old fool is going senile. I think the slap in the face probably did it - that's how woman have been handling these situations for centuries, before the courts got involved. Had he hit you, tried to hold you or chase you, I'd say give it to him in court, but right now, it's just a silly old man who got what was coming to him from a young woman. If he's not senile, his ego is likely so damaged he will die of shame.

Cather

Well, back when that guy was young such an age difference didn't have the same meaning. It's also possible the old fool is going senile. I think the slap in the face probably did it - that's how woman have been handling these situations for centuries, before the courts got involved. Had he hit you, tried to hold you or chase you, I'd say give it to him in court, but right now, it's just a silly old man who got what was coming to him from a young woman. If he's not senile, his ego is likely so damaged he will die of shame.

Cather

Except that in US, where this happened.... this is sexual assault of a minor! It's illegal - not just a "silly thing a silly old man did."

Exactly....its the attitude of "He couldn't help it" or "Well you can't really blame him because...." that's the reason a lot of people get away with this. Its wrong, it's sexual assault, and no matter how you try to justify it, and old man still sexually assaulted a young girl.