LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 16 year old girl...65 year old guy

Originally Posted by annie24
    Honey - you are really an inspiration! You're going to be fine - it will be hard, but just get up there and tell the truth. Who knows how many girls you are saving from being molested by this creep! Take care!
    Exactly. Sarah, you going up in court and telling what happened could prevent him from doing this to another person. What you did was very brave and courageous and you should be proud of yourself.

You've come this far, be brave and finish this up, you are doing the right thing!!!

Just remember, you have no need to feel bad or embarrassed or anything...you haven't done anything wrong *Hugs* Good Luck

You shouldn't let him get near you.

I had an 83 year old get ahold of me. I was 13-14 at the time. It was not pretty. Don't let your grandpa's "friend" touch you or anything else for that matter. Stay away from you. If grandpa's "friend" was really your granpa's "friend" then he would be respectful to you and your grandfather both. What he did was unbecoming.
    For anyone else who comes in here seeking help. Do so. Seek help. Do not worry about the consequences. You seek help, get it. If you do not get help it will only torment you more.

First tell your grandpa, and just be cautious. This guy is a sick perverted old man, just probly looking for....heck I don't even want to know whats goin on in his head. You just need to be careful when he's around, keep your distence and keep someone you trust with you, atleast until you get it all figured out!
    hope that helps!

She's already told her grandad and had the guy charged. She's to appear in court (I think she already has). She's a very brave girl.

Well, back when that guy was young such an age difference didn't have the same meaning. It's also possible the old fool is going senile. I think the slap in the face probably did it - that's how woman have been handling these situations for centuries, before the courts got involved. Had he hit you, tried to hold you or chase you, I'd say give it to him in court, but right now, it's just a silly old man who got what was coming to him from a young woman. If he's not senile, his ego is likely so damaged he will die of shame.

Cather

Originally Posted by Cather
    Well, back when that guy was young such an age difference didn't have the same meaning. It's also possible the old fool is going senile. I think the slap in the face probably did it - that's how woman have been handling these situations for centuries, before the courts got involved. Had he hit you, tried to hold you or chase you, I'd say give it to him in court, but right now, it's just a silly old man who got what was coming to him from a young woman. If he's not senile, his ego is likely so damaged he will die of shame.

Cather
    Except that in US, where this happened.... this is sexual assault of a minor! It's illegal - not just a "silly thing a silly old man did."

Exactly....its the attitude of "He couldn't help it" or "Well you can't really blame him because...." that's the reason a lot of people get away with this. Its wrong, it's sexual assault, and no matter how you try to justify it, and old man still sexually assaulted a young girl.

Sarah, Cheers to you for your quick thinking and the courage you've displayed so far. You should be proud of yourself and your grandpa. I hope things have gone well for you in court.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice