When your ex is really angry - does it mean they still care?

Mine is sooooo angry and cold now, we havent spoken for weeks and I am seeing someone else and are quite happy (we broke up over 3 months ago) and we also wprk together! Not sure what I have done but someone once told me when someone is really angry and bitter toward you it's because they are hurting and really care still? I tried to make a casual conversation and it was like hitting a brick wall!!! I know she hates driving past my place and seeing my new GFs car there, she is sort of back with her ex of 4 years so I don't know what her problem is.... afterall she ended it with me! Although we did keep getting back together a lot afterwards. any insight???

I've read somewhere that it s a sign that their are emotions still lingering. Probably the same as arguing, if two people are arguing, discussing whatever you want to call it, it means it is important to them, when they walk away and never breathe another word, then that person had enough.

Probably still angry. It's an ego thing, she may not want to be with you but she doesn't want you to be with anybody else either. Depends on what happened in the breakup for her to be so angry towards you. When I have been angry it's because my ego is hurt or that person has hurt me very deeply and I can't seem to get past the hurt and anger. So it depends, should she be angry at you? Do you want to get back with her or are you content in your new relationship?

I actually sent her an email this afternoon, just saying "Jeez, I'll buy the knife if you like!" She replied back a bit later saying simply

"sorry - it's just really hard for me - sorry"

Beats me - she left ME, I have every right to be happy, she looks a bit down of late and I hope it's getting to her, yes I would love to be with her again - the sex was fantastic but is she the right person for me?.... definatley not, I was soooo shallow as she is beautiful, it annoys me shes acting like this though - I feel like telling her to just get over it, afterall she didn't want to be with me but doesn't want me to be with anyone else.... what did she expect? I hope she is hurting as mean as it sounds.

Well after three weeks of NC with my ex I sent her a letter. Two days later she sent me a love song to my voice mail at 4AM. I gatehred she was drunk so left it a day or two. Then thought I would act on it. When I did, she was so hostile and abusive it was untrue. I took this as a sign of her having feelings for me that she is trying to deny. I could be wrong and I dont deserve her abuse, but wtf, I gave it a go and she slammed me for it. But yes, I think thats what it means.

• 9 years later...

Hello is been three months i broke up with my bf i still love him , so i talk him im willing speak to you if you willing speak to me but he told me no i dont have anything speak to you and the next day i go to the house pick up my things he was there and was so angry at mad at me i dont know why he say didnt want to talk u know he hurt me a lot but i decided leave everythinf behind and try work things with him but he still angry can someone help me how i can able break that wall , and when i saw him i knew he still love me but he is angry helpppp

There are definitely feelings present but it doesn't mean they still care, maybe just hurt? But it tells you they are still thinking about you, albeit in a negative manner.

Hate is also not the opposite of love, indifference is. That is when they no longer care nor you ever cross there spotless mind. Lol.

It can mean there are still feeling present or it can simply be that you piss them off now

When my ex wife left I hated her guts but there was no love present

Just a lot of anger and resentment.

Same question is running through my mind, does she care or is she just really upset?

I broke up my gf and 1 week later she started dating someone, obvious rebound. I did not know this and 1 week later I reached out and then learned of new bf. I reached out to reconcile, and then freaked out for 2 days begging to get her back, which did not work. A few weeks of NC go by and I reach out in a polite way to check in- she responds with a ton of anger, then apologizes the next day, and friends me on Snapchat. Another week goes by and I post of a photo of myself on Snapchat, and this triggers a mass of email and texts- all angry, insulting, bragging of her new bf- and threatens a restraining order. Next day she apologizes.

Then a few days ago she contacts me out of the blue via an obscure app, I forgot I had, to apologize for being bitter in the end and that she does not hate me. Only time will tell what this all means.

Archived