Ask For Advice

Thread: dress code for an interview at Old Navy

Addicted2Coffee

dress code for an interview at Old Navy

Hi.
    I have an interview at Old Navy and I have no idea how to dress for it..The dress code at the store is pretty casual and the manager herself wears something more casual than business casual while the staff is extremely casual with jeans and plain t-shirts.

So would it be expected for me to dress that way too?

I was intending to wear a dress shirt and dress pants with black shoes? but i'm afraid i'll be over dressed? do you think so too?

any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    -AC

chai714
    I think it would be wise to dress like the employees there. Maybe a polo shirt with some khaki pants (instead of the jeans traditionally worn by their employees). What is most important are your people skills. Their employees seem to be somewhat enthusiastic, people-oriented, and smile. If you can show your interviewer these traits, I don't think you should have too much trouble. Good luck.

kskm
    I second that. A polo shirt and kackis would make you nicely dressed and not over dressed. Good Luck on your interview!

MelodyCalls
    Wear what you feel confident in, even if you're not sure it's what they're looking for. It'll help you feel confident during the interview, and will do you more good than wearing what they want.

Alternatively, make sure your entire outfit is purchased from Old Navy.

Top Threads
Is 51 too old to finish college?
Before you say a resounding YES, it would cost me about 10K to finish with a BS in Human Services (gerontology concentration - I like helping the
Should I have paid?
I had an exchange recently over the price of an item at a store that has left me feeling a bit conflicted on how it was handled and I am looking for
Alone, broke, in debt and hopeless
I never wanted my life to be like this - after I broke up (mutual decision) due to a lot of unbearable conflicts I moved into a different appartment
Call Back for Second Interview - Wish me luck! :)
Hi Guys, Just venting. For those of you who may have read my threads, you'll know that I don't like my job, or where I live. I applied for
Promotion update
After waiting some time to hear about my promotion, I finally got some news yesterday. I did not get it - and I'd be fine with it except for the

Featured Threads
He took my sisters virginity!
Well.. Here goes nothing. I don't have anyone to talk to and hoping to get some insight. My mind is confused and my heart is completely
Dating after working in the sex industry
Hey all, I'm coming out of a difficult time in my life where i worked as a sex worker. I just wanted some opinions on how to handle this when I begin
My boyfriend hangs out one on one with his ex am I right to feel uncomfortable?
Hi everyone, I posted here before about how my boyfriend and his ex are close friends. Long story short, they date for two years, realised they were
What does this mean?
I'm a 24 year old man and I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5 years. But I'm feeling like this relationship is built on blind trust
Is this just "The 21st Century Woman?"
For the past 5 years, every woman I've dated (ages 25-32 we'll say) has had to stress to me immediately, before anything gets going, that they are
Venting I guess... I miss having sex.
So... I don't know if there is any real advice that can be given here. But I'm sure people here can at least relate and maybe share their
My boyfriend curses at me but says he's joking?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months and while everything has been great so far except that he curses at me but says
Ask For Advice