I decided to stop crying and write here my situation. The issue is my parents and money. How to begin? I am 24, still living together with my family and I will be moving out to US for graduate study in three months. I won a scholarship, actually I have always studied with a scholarship throughout all my college years. I know that this is the usual case in the US, I mean tjhe child earns his own money if he wants to study, But thats not the case here, the family looks after the child until she finds a proper job.

So I need money to go to study in the US, it is not much money, but my parents say that it is not their job to give me money!! The funny situation is that they will give me money but they think that I depend on them and just spend all my money for fun, whereas I should be gaining more and more money..I dont know what to do, I have always been a bright student and I have always realized that kids who fail in their courses or dont get to the university are treated better by their parents. Is this justice?

I feel heartbroken, we fought over this issue with my dad, he says that when they (together with my mom) went to the US for graduate study did not ask their parents for money! And I did, so I said then give me a loan I will pay it when I have enough money! which is a s entence that is abnormal in this culture..!

I dont know how to behave? I mean 'money' has always been an issue of fighting but this is my future, i have a scholarship, i will go and they need to give me some money for this. Actually they will give even if I dont ask for money, theirs is just trying to make me feel that they are making me a favor

I look around and see everyone s parents are giving all their money to their children. I know this is stupid but I feel that they want me to go from home and never come back.

I might not be able to express my feelings but I feel really really sad and feel that I am abolished, he shouted at me and told that I am selfish..

What can I do

This seems a bit strange. Do you know what the real reason behind their behaviour is? Maybe they do not have enough money but are ashamed to tell you. Maybe you have given them some reason to believe you do not know the value of money and they want to teach you a lesson but will give you the money in the end.

Maybe it is best to put your pride aside and not say that it is normal for parents to give money to children. Let them know that you would really really appreciate it if they could generously give you whatever money they can afford giving you. Let them know that you are thankful and do not take it for granted to easily.

I think I know what is going on for you there, as I think you should first of all for urself first just make it easy to goaway from ur familly.look i don't know you see that dizi that has a boy named neko( sorry for turkish words)in its last episod on last night it showed that nazli's father was very upset of nazli's reklam job and more angry about her going to istanbul.when he went to his friend's house that he was a pigeon-fancier he told him a good thing. he told that these pigeons when born their child they look after them very much, they do them the best of what they can do but they won't want them to stay with them forever and never get a thing from their child for what they have done for them.and after they are able to fly they go and find their mate and... but my advice for you may be this that you could just lessen your sentimate relations with your familly first of all. they think of u as a child that you were 10 years b4, try not to make the things worse just by arguing.my advice would be try to convince them smoothly that they must leave u on ur own and just give u a final help, and i think u can now work besides study and gather a prerequired money.I'd be glad to know what u do next please inform me

really nabi, I am surprised that you know the dizi I always watch that soap opera, it is called Yabanci Damat you know, well what happened, I send a message to my father, he went to another city last night, that seems to be going better, but now my mom is sitting downstairs and crying I dont know why, probably she is upset, well whatever thanks for yoru response