he's contacting me after a month of nothing

I met a guy offline a couple of months ago. We only met up once and were going to again but everytime he suggested we meet up I was always busy with work or something. I guess I could have made more of an effort. Anyways we had a day set to which we were going to meet up again then he said that he was sick and couldn't make it. Which I wasn't to fussed about. Then a day or 2 after he sent me an email saying that he had met someone. Which I was happy about and I told him so. That all happened about a month ago. So I get a message yesterday asking if I would like to catch up for lunch. (I hadn't heard from him scince he told me that he met someone else. And now all of a sudden he's contacting me again.) I said ok i'd go out to lunch with him, but I didn't know when if anytime soon that i'd be able to. He sent me a message saying that he wasn't sure when either but hopefully soon. Now I don't know why he's started contacting me again.

Does anyone have any opinions on the situation or maybe a though on as to why he's started contacting me again?

Thanks

It sounds like this dude has a few things going on behind the scenes??

My advice...Be very wary of this guy Cassandra. Keep your guard up.

I don't know enough about him to lend my "dirty bastard" expertise (of which I'm fully certified and bonded.)

hmm....he seemed to have been interestd in you and maybe thought that by saying he met someone else and giving it time you might get more interested. just a thought. lol...not sure though, i woujd just say meet him see whats happening. however are you even interested in the guy?? lol if you are then just go for it and see waht hes got to say.

Thats a possibility goddess23, but remember that people live very different lives online than they do offline. I have met poeple over the internet, but that doesn't mean I didn't have my own thing going on in my real life.

Maybe he told you he found someone because he really did. Maybe that person is gone now and he'd like to give it another shot with you. Who knows.

Sherlock

My advice...Be very wary of this guy Cassandra. Keep your guard up.

Thanks. I am a very guarded person anyway so I think I'll be ok.

goddess23

hmm....he seemed to have been interestd in you and maybe thought that by saying he met someone else and giving it time you might get more interested. just a thought. lol...not sure though, i woujd just say meet him see whats happening. however are you even interested in the guy?? lol if you are then just go for it and see waht hes got to say.

I don't feel anything for him, there was no chemistry on my behalf anyway. But having said that I have only met him once. I said I would meet him again. So I guess I'll have to wait and see

Sn0man

Maybe he told you he found someone because he really did. Maybe that person is gone now and he'd like to give it another shot with you. Who knows.

He probly did meet someone else, and like I said I'm happy for him. I don't want it to be like _____ has gone now I want something with Cassandra. I don't want it to be like he has to settle for second best type of thing. That's if it's the reason he wants to catch up again.

If anyone were to ask me right now do I want something with him the answer would be no. I don't even know if I see this guy as a friend. But Thanks for the advice

yeah, if you like him in that way give him your best shot but be weary. he could have just broken up with this person he met and could be looking for a replacement which is ok but don't let him treat you like dirt or anything! i've seen it happen to a friend who's bf split with her then met 'someone else' then split with them and got back with my friend coz he didn't want to be single and just chose her coz he knew she had the hots for him. amost similar situation. just don't let yourself get hurt!