Following your heart

I could really use some good advice.

I'm not really sure where my life is going right now. I've had a rough couple of months. A very close family member passed away, broke up with girlfriend of 2 years, financial stuff etc... So its stuff that everyone has to deal with, i know this...its just been hard.

So i'm confused,,,i also just started a new job, something that i kind of had to do because i just didn't know what i wanted to do and i figured it was something so why not. The problem is, is that its a sales job...not my thing... Now dont get me wrong, its a great company,, very ethical(if you can believe that one) good people, very smart. But the sales people are just not my style. which brings me to my next point

Beofre this job, i was a musician,, i had a gig for about 5 years, pretty steady too, it was a dream come true, the gig ended, its been a weird transition, hard to get another gig, money problems. So i figured i would do the responsible thing and get a good stable job so i could support myself and take care of student loans, credit cards,, you know real life stuff. You see when i was a musician i was poor, it was hard, its hard for all people in the arts(which is terrible). Plus to be completely honest, i don't really want to be a musician for a living, i would like to have a family and a home, i don't really want that lifestyle,, however i do need to be creative in my job.. Right now in this sales job, i fell like i'm dead, like a shell. I have to take a shower when i get home from work everyday, to get the slimyness off of me. So square,, its not good

I've learned about business though,, and its just not good stuff.. Money, money, money, i don't like the way this is. I want to help people,,, contribute to the world and make it better, make people smile,, not buy stuff. On the other hand i have to pay my rent and my bills,, i cant go home and live with my parents,, i'm a man , i have to be responsible.

So,, heres what i need.....advice. I have a huge heart,, i want to do something that i love, i want to be part of the solution,, not add to the problem. I just need some input... What should i do,,, what road should i take?? I fell like i'm falling....i just need some help,,, but i don't want to be poor at the same time. I'm just really scared, and dont really have anyone to talk to right now.. if anyone could give some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot for reading this,, and i wish everyone happiness,, because now i know what the real world is like,,,and its not what we're supposed to be doing. thanks

ok i think your long term goal should be to open up a music store and give lessons. but right now i think maybe applying to work in a movie store. or just give lessons. Have you also ever thought of looking at another thing you like and trying to incorporate that into a job like if you like a sport mayb try coaching at levels that pay money. Also one more thing no matter what job you do your going to start at the bottom its not going to be awesome right away so be prepared. I was also thinking maybe firefighter or police officer if you would like to help people

I know how it is. I'm an artist myself so it can be very frustrating having to do things like shop work or something that stumps your creative growth. I like Rusty's idea on giving lessons. If you play an instrement that would be a great job. But it's not just as simple as that. You have to be a certain grade and have taken a degree in music (I believe). You could give private lessons as a hobbie. It can be very rewarding.

The other thing you need to consider is stabilaty as you said yourself. Right now just try and get some money put behind you, have savings, things like these come in use for certain aspects you will want to aim for in life. For example a morgage, a business or even getting away for a bit to think about what you really want to do with your life.

I can't tell you what to do, I can only surgest things to you. But a job in music is very competitive to get into and there is a lot of compitition. Maybe you could start off by getting yourself a course in teaching music? Or prehaps you could ask any companys if they have a job for you.

I wish you the best of luck, above all remember not to panic. Think, act on and think again.

GL,

~S.

I can understand your situation.For your happiness,please don't give youself too much presure!Everybody is running for their lives...and not everyone can be lucky enough to do what they really want!But keep reminding yourself,you have the chance!If you don't like the job you have now,so see if you can change to another one.Maybe that will not be the one you want most either,but think it in a good way,they will bring you more experiances to your life.Usually, there are many steps before you get what you want...

So just try your best to LOVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING!Even though it is only about making money(in the good way)I'm so glad that you are not a person who is crazy for the money.But the truth is you have to,not be crazy,but be sure make yourself and your own future family feel secured,because you said you want to have a family,so you have to take that responsibility!At then,you will see nothing would be happier than seeing the happiness of the ones you love!And that is true love!

Life is short,not much time for us to sigh.Life is hard,but we should find out the happiness from the difficulty,that is enjoy the life!There are many opportunities waiting for you,both for your career and your love,so just get yourself ready,don't miss any of them!You are only 27,everything just gets start for a man...

Good luck!

follow your heart, you have a talent with music and that i admire very much, im learning guitar and its very hard, could you not teach music, give others the chance of the knowledge of music that you have, you only ahve one chance at life make it as colourful as you can