i think i might have the symptoms that say i am developing type 2 diabetes -

-increased thirst (i always have a dry mouth, and i always want to drink more water)

-going to the loo all the time – especially at night

-extreme tiredness (i just feel tired all the time i think)

-weight loss (i was just 160 lbs last week, i've dropped 6 pounds i think)

-blurred vision (especially during the first 4-6 hours after i wake up).

i smoked for about 6 years... no one in my family has diabetes though - no one that i know of though.

has anyone experienced this type of thing, but it turned out to be something else? i know i'm more stressed these days because of work, and i'm feeling a bit depressed and haven't hit the gym in a consistent type of way lately??

i think i will go see the doctor just in case.

Yes, same symptoms can be mimicked by depression. I though I had diabetes once, turns out I didn't....was just depression.

Many medical symptoms mimic others. Don't trust everything you read on the internet. Your best bet is to see your doctor.

Take Care

Yeah certainly see the doctor. Better to be safe than sorry. The main problem is youre having health issues, doesnt matter what its connected to, it should dealt with in any case Even if it isnt Diabetes.... I hope you go okay though *hug* good luck!

definitely see a doctor. Unlike Sn0man, I thought I only had depression, but I got myself checked out and found that I instead had Type 2 Diabetes.

Regardless, you should get yourself checked out. If it is Type 2 Diabetes, don't worry, it's not the end of the world. Honestly, as weird as this will sound, having Type 2 diabetes hasn't changed my life a whole lot except for not partying like crazy and being forced to eat healthier. And that isn't negative changes, it's positive.

Good luck!

Definitely go to the doctor, there are some medical issues there, whether it is diabetes or something else (either less or more serious) it is better to find out.

If it is diabetes, it is not the end of the world. You will have to take extra precautions and if it is Type 2 there are also diet/health changes etc that can reduce the symptoms of it.

So, get thee to thee doctor!

hey thanks Snoman, Belinda, Lonelyinasmalltown, RayKay, and thisisnotanexit for the advise and responses.

i went to see a doctor today, and i described to him my symptoms. he took some urine and it turns out that i have little to no sugar in my blood. he said it might be that the sugar is just "cascading away" - and hasn't shown up in my urine yet?? but, he said just to be sure, he put me on a 12 hour water diet, in which case, i come back tomorrow morning to take some blood tests. the results will come back in a week.

thanks again you guys for your help.

take care everyone.

kung fu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!!

Thanks for all your support and advise - you guys are great!! I got my blood test back today and everything is normal - in fact, it is pretty good. My cholestorol too was good the doctor said - so everything is okay. Yeay! I'm relieved.

My doctor said it was probably just a virus that has been floating around our small town, and that its affected alot of people this past month.

I think it was just that I was just really depressed and taking time to grieve for my failed relationship. Also, I was also burnt out after this really hard year at school. So these two combined, plus the fact that I wasn't eating healthily that past week led me to believe I was developing diabetes - but I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

Yah - on the weekend, I had lost of rest and relaxation, and was already feeling better. Today, I am feeling great!

Thanks again everyone and take care.

Kung fu