Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearing Up Acne

Josh07

Clearing Up Acne

I'm 15 and I've occasionally had a pimple here and there in the past but lately I've been developing small patches here and there every other week and I've been washing my face about one time a day every day and it seems like my face is gettng worse! What's going on? I'm tempted to go to the dermatologist for help. My brother in the past had REALLY REALLY bad acne, I don't have it anywhere as close as bad, it's just somewhat mild or small bumps around my chin/cheeks. I've been using Cetaphil and Neutrogena products to help clear it up but to no avail. ANY TIPS or should I just go ahead to the dermatologist before anything else happens or gets worse? By the way, I play baseball every day and I tend to sweat alot during practice/games. Anything I could do about that too?

- Josh

Any help would be appreciated!

annie24
    Hi - Actually, it sounds pretty normal to me. You're just at that age. Actually, I still get pimples sometimes myself. I'm supposed to be too old for this by now!!! Getting regular facials and keeping it clean helps keep my skin under control.

Anyways, those are good cleansers. You may want to wash twice a day, in the morning and at night. Also, after physical activity.

Don't pick! It may be tempting, but more will grow back!!! It spreads the infection.

Sure, go talk to a dermatologist. See what they have to say. I used to take tetracycline. It made me nausous and turned my teeth yellowish and did nothing about the pimples. Grr... I stopped, and now teeth are back to normal.

But, if you have a few pimples here or there, don't worry too much. Good luck!

Josh07
    It's not like really bad like others I see @ school, but it still bothers me and I feel like whenever I'm having a conversation or whatever w/ someone else it's all they look @. I do tend to pick and pop them occasionally but isn't it alright if I'm getting all the junk out of it? I'm going to try and just keep my hands away from my face and wash more daily from now on. UHHHH ACNE IS GAY!

- Josh

MyNinja
    Hi josh,

I know just how you feel. i had the same pimple problem at that age, just like annie said you're going through that phrase.

Have you heard of On-the-Spot acne treatment? the stuff works GREAT. you apply a small amount of the cream on each acne pimple and rub it in. you do this twice dailyfor the first few days. when you see the pimples begin to dry out you apply less, like once each two days. Ive has the same bottle for over a year because you only use so much of it.

After a month or so my face was pimple free! Each day i'd wash my face with face wash, just like you, and apply the cream.

Also i would use a swivel stick of cocoa butter lighten any scars that the pimples left. This treatment worked for me, hope it does for you

Try not to stress of this as it will cause more pimples to emerge. Almost everyone has had a pimple or two, no big deal. if you are really concerned you should see your dermatologist, like you mentioned. good luck

Shizzle
    hi there!

i have had a fair few spots and one thing i can recommend "Brevoxyl" its pretty good thing just wash you face in the morning and at night it helps it go with in days!!

DonDonTheTrueDonDon
    Hey I saw this commercial with P Diddy and it is about acne treatment. So if you want to be cool like he is maybe you should look in to it? Haha, just kidding, probley a scam. Anyway, no celebrity teen has acne. Know why? Well I think it is because they go to a dermatologist. Anyway, if its just some slight problems I wouldn't go that far. It isn't that big of a deal, there are many successful people with some acne. It doesn't effect their relationships at all.

annie24
    Well... the thing about picking is that if you're not absolutely sanitary, you could wind up spreading the infection further around your face. Now, 4 pimples instead of one. Bad, huh?

If you REALLY need to pick, you should use a sterile needle (you can disinfect with rubbing alcohol or flame). Drain the pimple, and then gently squeeze it out. You should do this before a shower, so then when you shower, it will clean your face very well. You don't want to just spread bacteria all over your face, you know? Anyways, this is the technique that my old aesthetician told me to do.

The on the spot treatments are good also.

Do you have a light moisturizer? It may help you. My skin really breaks out in the winter, when it's dry, because it's like my skin is compensating for the dryness by making too much oil. My skin is fine now though! Whew!

Jonathon
    Yeah I got acne too, but I don't really worry about it.

Rainy
    Iv got acne and it was going away and now its came out big time aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jaela
    Annie, what type of facials do you get regularly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Too Much Vitamin B ... And Coffee
Hey guys, so lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping, a bit "moody" lots of energy. Last night
Kidney pain with no kidney stones?
I've had a very strange and alarming pain in my left kidney for the past five years. I'm 24 and have had a fair few years of UTIs which were
Iím at a stage of giving up on everything??
Iíve been struggling with my physical and mental health for most of my life, I started feeling severely suicidal by first grade. I was diagnosed with
Too Much CoffeeVitamin B
So lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping or too much sleep. Last night was out with BF till

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice