Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: developing type 2 diabetes?

kungfumaster

developing type 2 diabetes?

i think i might have the symptoms that say i am developing type 2 diabetes -

-increased thirst (i always have a dry mouth, and i always want to drink more water)
    -going to the loo all the time especially at night
    -extreme tiredness (i just feel tired all the time i think)
    -weight loss (i was just 160 lbs last week, i've dropped 6 pounds i think)
    -blurred vision (especially during the first 4-6 hours after i wake up).

i smoked for about 6 years... no one in my family has diabetes though - no one that i know of though.

has anyone experienced this type of thing, but it turned out to be something else? i know i'm more stressed these days because of work, and i'm feeling a bit depressed and haven't hit the gym in a consistent type of way lately??

i think i will go see the doctor just in case.

Sn0man
    Yes, same symptoms can be mimicked by depression. I though I had diabetes once, turns out I didn't....was just depression.

Many medical symptoms mimic others. Don't trust everything you read on the internet. Your best bet is to see your doctor.

Take Care

Belinda
    Yeah certainly see the doctor. Better to be safe than sorry. The main problem is youre having health issues, doesnt matter what its connected to, it should dealt with in any case Even if it isnt Diabetes.... I hope you go okay though *hug* good luck!

Lonelyinasmalltown
    Gold Member
    definitely see a doctor. Unlike Sn0man, I thought I only had depression, but I got myself checked out and found that I instead had Type 2 Diabetes.

Regardless, you should get yourself checked out. If it is Type 2 Diabetes, don't worry, it's not the end of the world. Honestly, as weird as this will sound, having Type 2 diabetes hasn't changed my life a whole lot except for not partying like crazy and being forced to eat healthier. And that isn't negative changes, it's positive.

Good luck!

RayKay
    Definitely go to the doctor, there are some medical issues there, whether it is diabetes or something else (either less or more serious) it is better to find out.

If it is diabetes, it is not the end of the world. You will have to take extra precautions and if it is Type 2 there are also diet/health changes etc that can reduce the symptoms of it.

So, get thee to thee doctor!

thisisnotanexit
    yes i say go see a doc just in case

kungfumaster
    hey thanks Snoman, Belinda, Lonelyinasmalltown, RayKay, and thisisnotanexit for the advise and responses.

i went to see a doctor today, and i described to him my symptoms. he took some urine and it turns out that i have little to no sugar in my blood. he said it might be that the sugar is just "cascading away" - and hasn't shown up in my urine yet?? but, he said just to be sure, he put me on a 12 hour water diet, in which case, i come back tomorrow morning to take some blood tests. the results will come back in a week.

thanks again you guys for your help.
    take care everyone.
    kung fu

Sn0man
    Keep us posted!

kungfumaster
    Hi guys!!

Thanks for all your support and advise - you guys are great!! I got my blood test back today and everything is normal - in fact, it is pretty good. My cholestorol too was good the doctor said - so everything is okay. Yeay! I'm relieved.

My doctor said it was probably just a virus that has been floating around our small town, and that its affected alot of people this past month.

I think it was just that I was just really depressed and taking time to grieve for my failed relationship. Also, I was also burnt out after this really hard year at school. So these two combined, plus the fact that I wasn't eating healthily that past week led me to believe I was developing diabetes - but I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

Yah - on the weekend, I had lost of rest and relaxation, and was already feeling better. Today, I am feeling great!

Thanks again everyone and take care.
    Kung fu

RayKay
    Glad to hear everything is a-ok kungfu!

Take good care of yourself - get some more stress relief/relaxation to help with that stress and burn out and get lots of rest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Nausea as a result of lying?
Long story short: a young man named Mike who I met on Tinder last month have decided to be a couple. Sadly, we also decided it would be best to keep
Now urology problems! I'm sick of being sick...
So I was content and happy in last thread with my results showing no signs of a blood cancer in my tests with the oncologist. Then for the first
Car motion sickness a week before period
Has anyone experienced it ? I mean as passenger in a bus and in car. ..right when i got outside i was fine...
Had sex w/bf for 1st time; to get all the way in, he had to get over a "hump"
He and I actually tried having sex last week for the first time; when he tried to get in, I found it painful so he took it out. We tried again like
How to Gain Control, Over-OCD?
I have had OCD 4 years. Mine suffer, through my experiences knows no bound.OCD is classified as an anxiety disorder. It is also a neurological

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Im finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice