Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I SELF INJURE... Help me!

Yeah, since some messages may have unintended consequences, why not follow the advice that the original poster has been given and then, when you have gotten a handle on your own situation, perhaps you could turn your attention to helping other people. Getting Ready for a First Date

im sorry and i tried to help....... i just thought that they might be able to help me even though my help sucked......... im sorry..... i never should have come here!

Unexpected victim and others,

We are all here for a reason- either having climbed out of the mess and helping or being stuck in the mess or even both. The last can be a bit tricky, which is what happened here, I guess.

UV, you are always welcome to write on the forum- I suggest that if you are really going crazy over things, it's better to open a separate topic. You are not a failure, you trying to help shows you are a caring person. It doesn't matter if you are incapable of offering help for a while. As goddess suggested, I think there is some valid advice that has been given in this topic.

Let's try to refrain from calling messages 'sadistic' and 'malicious', however. Nothing in the message shows that it's ill-intended to the original poster, or meant to harm others. It was just not the best place to post it.

Ilse.

Thank you for the kind correction Ilse...It was never my intention to dissuade anyone from posting. I will edit my post immediately, with heartfelt apologies to all.

I should have known better...sorry.

I know this is a forum about self-injury, but my second reaction was to your comment about your teacher. Something just went off in my head when I read that. It doesn't sound right.

But for what your posting for,

Professional help doesn't work for everyone, but it does wonders if you're really committed to it. A lot of professional's aren't trained to deal with it. I know I'm doing a BA in social work, and it never comes up in our cirriculum. But, if you find a social worker or psychologist or whatever who is willing to learn with you, it does wonders.

There are a lot of tricks that people use to help them stop. My only advice would be to make small changes when you can. No one ever stops cold turkey. Make small adjustments. If you need to today, cut 7 times instead of 10 (just an example), and then the next day cut 6 times or five times. Baby steps make it easier. Use the tricks that people talk about: ice cubes, elastics, using a red tipped marker, etc.

Like people have mentioned though, we're here to support. Never forget that. Even when you think you're alone.. you aren't.

GREAT and supportive advice!!

Several people seemed to have digressed...but no matter.
    Try alternatives. If they don't work, talk to someone who can help you. Not professional help, unless you prefer professionals. I'd rather people I trust. Other than that I can only wish you the best of luck.

Try not to go too far into cutting. I know it's really tempting, I should, I cut too, but try to keep it light. It might get even worse, and you may have to be sent to ER, which will obviously show your family and several other people that you've been cutting and injuring yourself. Even if you want your parents to know, it may be a better idea to do it in a more subtle way than at ER. Try to be careful, for your sake. Good luck!

i haven't read all of the other posts so i am sorry if i am just repeating something!!

well the good thing is that you want to stop so the will is there.. but it seems as if you really need proffesional help. i know when people used to tell me that i would shrug them of and get mad but it can help.

if you have a school councellor try talking to him/her.

try to channel your anger/frustration/pain through other ways like running of screaming REALLY loud i no it may sound silly but doing things like that can let all the bad things escape without having them bleed out.

i hope that is a help!!

jen

xxxxx

Sweetie..... I know what you are going thru. I used to cut myself when I was in terrible pain cuz of things people told me {mostly my family}. I knew it was wrong but i needed to let it out. My pain that is. Whether you realize it or not. You are in pain with the need to let it out. You have to find someone you can trust and tell them. You need to speak your pain. Do you realize that you cut when you are in pain? Therefor you need to express that pain with words. You have to tell someone. They will help you. Believe me, I know you hurt. I used to hurt too. You are not alone. There truly are people in this world that want to help us. Believe that you are never alone. Reach out and tell someone in your family or a friend. I can't help you from where I am now. Someone close to you can help you. Maybe, even in school, a nurse or a teacher you can trust. Best of luck little one and know you are loved....

This thread is eleven years old and the OP has never returned. Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice