DO YOU THINK GANGS ARE WORTH IT? IF YOU DO THEN..WHAT GANG??

hey my name is Brittany and i was just wondering..do YOU have family members in a gang,or are you in a gang?My brother Jose,which i care very much for,is in the bloods and i really am worried for his safety..i really care for my brother,he is like my best friend that i can talk to about anything,and im worried about him.i dont want him hurt.do you have family,friends or are you in a gang?if you do..do you think that its worth it??

Wow.. I don't know much about gangs, but I can definatley say, Why would he ever want to be in one??

And what do you mean by, "is it worth it". Is what worth it? He doesn't gain anything from being in the gang, but probably the only thing he gets is a death sentence, if he does anything wrong. If you love him as much as you say, you should start trying now.. to get him out of it .. and if that's not possible, try telling the Police about the Bloods, annonymously.. so the gang is shut down, and he is safe to come home.

That's all the help I can give.

well what i mean by is it worth it,is do you think it is worth being in a gang?about trying to get the gang shut down..the only problem is..the bloods arent a small gang you can just shut down.they originated in California..and now they are spread all over the united states (not canada).it would be impossible to just shut down this gang.

I have/had relatives in the traids, who i make a point of not keeping in contact with. The most up to date knowledge I have of them is that one died of overdose, two were killed to gang related incidents.

A gang is usually a person't way of having a family. If he feels neglected, unliked or unapproved of by your parents, or just unsafe, this may be his way of finding a group of people he feels he can be safe in and belong in.

People can form very close bonds to others in gangs, but generally gangs involved in crime, whether it's seirous or petty crime, do end up getting in a lot of trouble, and since most of the people in gangs join so because of their insecurity, in times of trouble, it can cause a lot of mistrust and lead to vioence from inside the gang too.

I really don't know how you can convince your brother not to join a gang though.

ive tried to get him out of it.ive talked to my teachers,and a deputy at my school..the crappy advice they gave me was "move" thats all they had to say.well problem is..we have tried that before.We come from Los Angeles but when my brother was 13 he got into the "gang scene" and well..thats when my mom worried and we moved here..and then next thing we know..hes back with the gangsters. in my own oppinion..i dont think people should join gangs..because all you do is risk your family and your own life.i have been asked before by some of my brothers friends if i wanted to join and my reply was 0X

I don't have any family members or friends in a gang.....I am a recovered drug addict and knew some gang members....they were drug dealers. I view them now as the scum of society. Is being in a gang worth it?? No way... committing illegal crimes, committing violence, doing drugs, selling drugs, and wasting your life is never a good thing or worth it.

I've heard of the Bloods....there is no way you can shut them down...way too many members. And unless you are reporting a specific crime they committed and can prove it you will be wasting your breath....trust me...the law already knows who they are.

I feel for you....I hope your brother gets out before he does something that will send him to prison....or he gets himself killed. I know those are your biggest fears. Just keep praying....it's really all you can do.

Ive thought about it before too...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please don't ruin your life...Its really bad, they use you. You use them. They aren't real friends, although they will have your back if you have theres. Okay one thing you need to know

"ONCE you join a gang its NOT EASY to get out of"

My cousin had to change his id and change where he lives and still has a lot of un finished business...

HAve you ever seen the move " Carletos Way" with Alpacino, if you havnt you should. He was a good person who got involved with a lot of bad stuff...

Please erase from your mind the thought of joining a gang! it doesnt help your situation it just makes it Worse.

gangs aren't good. i've known too many people who have been hurt severely both physically and emotionally. i've known people who've had to move halfway accross the country to escape. it's just not worth it, there are better things that people can do. I don't know how easy it is to get out once your in, but if there's anything that can be done to get him out, do it.

when i say crab it is a nickname the bloods gave the crips,they basically hate each other so they always talk s*** about each other.well since the bloods call the crips crabs,the crabs call the bloods slobs..i have no clue why though....by the way my brother is in the bloods now..i mean..hell, i cant do anything about that but hope he stays safe