Is it healthy to not clean ur butt when ur showering?

well... i didn't know where to put this topic but it seems to be relvent to health... i recently found out that my gf dose not stick her hand up her butt to clean her butthole with soap. instead she says that watered down soap runs through the crevice and cleans it(sorry if this all sounds werid or rude). The only time she cleans it is when she wipes her butt after taking a dump.

Is it normal to do this or am i the weird one ? Am i the only one that uses my hand to clean my butt hole with soap? Is this healthy?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah as they said above if she is cleaning her butt with soap and water there is diffently a problem... Those parts are self cleaning and shouldnt be cleaned with soap. If someone were to do that they would usually get infections. And sticking your hand up your butt and cleaning it Ive never heard of that and I dont think that anyone should be doing that.

After reading this post, I thanked my lucky stars for landing me in Japan where we have the wonderful Washlet, an amazing invention attached to the toilet seat that takes perfect care of such matters in the privacy of the john...no soap or soup involved, and even if you don`t use it, it`s there, so everyone can *assume* that you did (no pun intended, but there does seem to be one lurking there, doesn`t there?).

No.... lol no... Girls CAN NOT put soap anywhere down there. I should know Ive had a urine bladder infection and my doctor told me it was caused by me taking bubble baths to often. He informed me that girls should not clean anywhere down there with soap. Its not nasty... Down there cleans its self and when we wipe that cleans it too.

Yes, using soap can cause infections at least in women. However, cleaning the surface should be fine...sticking a bar of soap up your butt is probably not the best idea...you should probably just gently clean the area with water and a little soap and definitely keep the soap on the outside and not "in" anywhere.

Using a gentle soap (like Dove) on the outside of the area (both anus, and the labia areas) is fine, and yes should be done to clean the area and doing so will actually help reduce any infections (as long as it is a gentle soap - and don't use anti-bacterial ones as they can reduce natural bacteria leading to yeast infections). But be careful not to get "in" as other posters mentioned as it can definitely cause yeast/bladder infections or other irritations.

Sitting in bubble baths for a long time will cause yeast infections because the soap kills all the bad bacteria, but it also can kill the good bacteria. I guess because the soap will go up inside and sit there for the entire time you're in the tub. Showers aren't as risky because the water runs straight out. Being on antibiotics also kills the "good" bacteria.

My .02.

I used the Summer's Eve soap that they sell in the store and sometimes I use soap. I know the Eve is for the vagina but I use it in the back as well. I'm sorry I can't see just rinsing down there. That is nasty. I was never told you would get an infection if you used soap back there.

Infections caused from bubble baths are primarily due to putting your pH balance off. Make sure to use a properly pH-balanced bubble bath.

The outside of the vaginal area can be washed with most bodywashes. Plain soap may be irritating. You should not need to wash inside, but a little bit of soap should not cause a problem as long as you rinse well. Do not use anti-bacterial soap.

As for the anus (butthole), a little soap is not a bad idea. Rubbing a soapy hand back there should be plenty.

I agree with someguy69, a soapy hand or even a quick "credit card swipe" with a bar of soap to the butt is normal and is good hygiene.

If she doesnt start swiping, start calling her "dingleberries" and see if that motivates her. Just kidding dont call her that.

I had this discussion with someone who is a nurse and she says for over 50 years she has been washing front and back and inside and out with soap and has never had any type of infection or PID. This is such a wild but informative topic, thanks chickensoup because I would have never thought of this topic. I agree with ya..it seems nasty. I was going to try it this morning but forgot then started screaming in the shower, "Oh, no I wasn't supposed to use soap, lol!

TBH, I didn't even know people used soap in the shower - I thought people nowadays used Showel-gel etc. As other people mentions, because it is liquidy, it is highly likely to run down there by itself.

Sticking a bar of soap up there sounds more disgusting than not personally... might come out brown... and then next itme you use that soap... Jeez, i'm glad were I live people don't use soap bars anymore...

TBH, I didn't even know people used soap in the shower - I thought people nowadays used Showel-gel etc. As other people mentions, because it is liquidy, it is highly likely to run down there by itself.

Sticking a bar of soap up there sounds more disgusting than not personally... might come out brown... and then next itme you use that soap... Jeez, i'm glad were I live people don't use soap bars anymore...

Um...you are not "sticking it up there", you are washing the area with a bar of soap, as in using a washcloth, or just running the soap bar over the area. A bar of the soap is the same as the shower gel, even with that you need to make sure it gets there and cleans the area and a cloth helps that.

Archived