The college for my future career-Please read! I need advice!

Hi there!

Rigel here. I'm a senior in high school and let me tell that deciding upon a college is definetly not easy!

Fortunately I have narrowed my choices down to two school (and that was tough!) But the problem is I just can't decide! Please...anyone who reads this please offer your advice to me. I plan on doing a double major in environmental science and spanish.

Okay here's both choices.

Choice number 1 is closer than choice number 2. It's only about an hour away from home. It has both of my intended majors and is both a small school and located in a rural setting. (2 important things I look for in a college.)

I visited the campus and found it to be decent. The dorms were nice sizes. The campus offered nice equipment for all my science classes I would most definetly be taking. The campus also had a small lake which I though was neat. I was slightly concerned about the meal options (I'm a vegetarian) and I would have to request special meals. (I hate to do that)

Choice number 2 is about 3 hours away from home but is located in probably the most gorgeous forests of my state. The campus was beautiful. The campus offered the best state of the art equipment for science majors and they just renovated their science hall which I must admit is amazing! Choice number 2 is prided on their excellent science programs and their unique study options for environmental science students. ES students have the option of a special "study abroad" program but the place is only 20 minutes away from campus on a large lake. They also offer a vegetarian meal option daily. I can't exactly explain it but choice number 2 just feels like the "right fit". Although it is more expensive than choice number 1, I earned a scholarship for choice number 2 for $40,000. But it's 3 hours away and my parents are trying to steer me towards choice number 1.

I'm so confused. This has to be the most difficult decision of my life. If anyone has any comments what so ever, please reply!

Thanks

~Rigel

school #2 sounds like a sweet deal!!! nows the time to do whats best for YOU. if need be & your parents cant fund school #2 look into getting student loans for the remaining portions of the tuition. id go for #2. it sounds like a pretty hot set up.

plus only being an hour away from the rents isnt as much fun. haha!

goodluck with whatever decision you make.

oh, & students transfer schools & switch majors ALL the time! this decision doesnt have to be your last.

-DG724

I would definitely go for the second school. It sounds like it's perfect for you. Your parents are probably just having a hard time letting you go. That's understandable, but you need to live your own life. And three hours drive is not so far that you couldn't come home any weekend you felt like, and they could visit.

College is the time to get used to being on your own while still in a safe, somewhat structured environment. It will be good for you to not only be in the school you really want and that's best for you, but to have a little more distance between you and your parents so that you can get used to being on your own.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Sam