Your experience with the pill, a Q for males & females

[edited thread title to be more descriptive]

I wanted to make this a poll, and get yes or no answers from people but it seems I can't do that and you'll just have to post under this.

Story:

My ex-girl friend broke up with me about three weeks ago, after what had been a perfect 6 month relationship from my point of view, there may have been something I didn't know. I asked her what changed, and she said she doesn't know, she just changed. For two weeks before that day we hadn't been seeing much of each other, just because we were both really busy with university and work. I know she loved me in the past and I know I love her, it's something everyone here that knows what love is can say, you can just tell.

I pretty sure my ex went on the pill exactly between those weeks in which we didn't see each other, she said she was going to. My mother believes the pill was the cause of her marriage breakup, she said she managed to keep it together while she had me and my sister but once she came off the pill for good she simply no longed loved my father and couldn't live with that. Please note I've found nothing to confirm her thoughts but the circumstances match, I just need answers.

There's a lot more that I could say has brought me to ask this question but it would take a long time to explain and read. I wrote it all out but I realise I really just want to hear from you guys. I know you can all come up with lots of questions from what i've said and I have the answers to them but I need your answers so try and just post if you've experienced the same thing to the question below.

I'm basically after any other people that had major relationship changes after they/their partners/ex-partners went on or off the pill, you may have to read the question a few times to get what i'm asking, it's hard to ask the same question for men and women so read it a few times if you have to.

Question:

Did you or your partner/ex-partner...

A.) start a new relationship after you/they went on or off the pill?

B.) end a relationship after you/they went on or off the pill?

C.) both... (eg you got dumped and they moved onto someone else quickly)

D.) or… didn't happen to my relationship, we're in love on or off the pill AND you know it's been tested and you're still in love with no doubts.

And if you know the brand you/your partner uses, list it with your answer.

Many thanks.

Basically you don't need a poll for this. The pill effects every woman differently. Many reasons for that being the fact that every single kind of pill has different amounts of hormones. I know that when I was on the pill it was because i was having my cycle 28 days out of the month and then 4 days off- completely backwards from normality. So the pills that I was on contained a ton of hormones. It made me a *****- Really Really mean. I had to take myself off because I didn't want to be around anyone, let alone be invloved with someone. So if you are worried that the reason for the changes in your ex's personality is because of the pill you maybe right. There is really nothing that i can think of that you can do because she probably needs to be on birth control, maybe suggest a different kind or lower dosage??

Post-breakup (about a month) I started being more careful about what time I took my pill.

For the past 5-6 months, I was pretty moody and uncomfortable; needed LOTS of reassurance. I'd been taking my pill anytime from 9pm - 2am.

I never had any physical problems from this but you are supposed to take the pill at the same time every day.

Since I have started taking the pills at the same time, I have noticed a difference. It's difficult to pinpoint because I've obviously been going through a lot emotionally over the last month, but I do feel less stressed and less reactionary; I'm more patient and less hurried. I think that is not all coincidence.

But I agree; I don't think the pill has a direct effect on relationships but if you and the girl are not prepared to handle the possible physical/emotional changes, THAT can affect your relationship.

cool, I don't want to say it's what caused the breakup, the ramifications would to large for quite a lot of people to say that at the moment. But I just haven't heard or read anything about the pill actually effecting peoples emotions and behaviour, it really is made out like the perfect drug. But as my ex said to me, she just doesn't know what changed, she just did. So i'm just trying to find out if anything simular has happened to other people. anyone else?