Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like her, she likes me, but she has a boyfriend!

Strung Out

I like her, she likes me, but she has a boyfriend!

Well, i've been hanging out with this girl at school...we talk on the phone for hours and hours upon end...and I can't seem to get her out of my head.
    I've told her that I like her alot...she says she does too...but as the title says; she's got a boyfriend. She's had him for 10 months, and I don't know if she'd be willing to leave him...
    It's literally driving me crazy, I've got her on my mind all the time...
    Please help. What should I do? Should I confront her about how I truly feel and risk rejectioin?

From_Now_On
    the problem i see arising from confronting her would be that she might have to 'back off' a little bit from the relationship between the two of you, (if she is loyal to the b/f g/f relationship with her b/f). That is something to keep in mind. You perhaps might want to hold off on getting into that...but, heck, what do I know? Anyway, welcome to enotalone. Hope you find the answer you are looking for. =)

passions1
    What purpose would it serve to tell her your feelings to her knowing her status? Are you hoping that she will turn & come to you & break up with her bf to be with you? I very much doubt it...Since she already knows that you like her, just keep it as it is & go ahead & talk to her if you want, but do keep your mind & eyes open to other SINGLE females! Your story sounds very similar to my brother, but of course he ended up not getting the girl afterall that I warned him about. But he is young & still learning. The girl may just like your company & conversation, but if she's a good gf, her heart will belong to her bf & not to you! If not, then can you picture yourself with her knowing what she does behind her bf's back & who knows she may do the same thing to you if you were planning to get with her?

inspiration

Re: I like her, she likes me, but she has a boyfriend!

Quote Originally Posted by Strung Out
    Well, i've been hanging out with this girl at school...we talk on the phone for hours and hours upon end...and I can't seem to get her out of my head.
    I've told her that I like her alot...she says she does too...but as the title says; she's got a boyfriend. She's had him for 10 months, and I don't know if she'd be willing to leave him...
    It's literally driving me crazy, I've got her on my mind all the time...
    Please help. What should I do? Should I confront her about how I truly feel and risk rejectioin?
    as hard as it is let it go.

i went through this but they were together for like 4 years. she knew how I felt and was fine with it. we were still friends but could never be in a relationship.

let it go for the sake of your mind... i know i was completely obsessed by this girl and it was very unhealthy.

-.ins

Your_Own_Disaster
    yeh, this one kinda confuses me, just see how things play out, if she is still with her b/f despite u sayin how u feel, then she probs likes him more...

Shizzle
    pfft, dude

dont listen am in a simler situation... graunted mine is more complecated lol but my advise is if u like her stick with it, she has already said she likes you and and talk for hours! just go fir it and stick with but beware its a bump road lol

inspiration
    I know I just hurt myself whenever I spent 3 months trying to get with someone who was taken.

Now when I look at and talk to a girl I just compare to her... and nothing will ever match her. Who would have thought you could get addicted to a person?

ShySoul
    Never get involved with someone who is already in a relationship. It only leads to trouble and heartache. No matter what happens, it isn't good. Say she did leave him. Are you or her going to feel guilty for breaking them up? How do you know she won't be thinking of and missing him? How do you think he'll take it? How do you know she won't turn around and leave you for another friend that she's gotten close to? And if she doesn't leave him after you've put your heart out there, its going to hurt.

You have to respect it when people already have established relationships. Should things not work out between them, then you may have a chance. But until then you need to back away, respect what they have, and try to move on yourself.

Lily04

I agree with ShySoul -- it's not worth the potential heartache, trust me. She knows you're interested in her, but she's already involved with someone. Look for other people. If she breaks up with him then you can pursue her, but until then don't wait for her, just be open to meeting new people!

Take care,

lily04

asdf
    Here's what you do:

Tell her frankly that you like her a lot and would like to go out with her, but that you don't want to mess around with somebody else's relationship. Leave it at that.

If she likes you more, then she will come to you. If not, she will stay with her boyfriend. That's it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Ready to date the ugly guy?
Hi, I am actually a little shy about asking this question because Im scared Im going to come across as too vain but I really need some
Attraction or no?
This is puzzling so I'll ask it: If a girl tells you she feeds off your vibes at work to get her through the day, is it flirting?
Does it mean anything if a girl messages you out of the blue?
There was a girl I met about 4 years ago that I liked a lot, and we talked for about a month, met up a few times, and never really spoke afterwords
Ok, what's going on here
So there's this younger guy at work. I admit i find him attractive and intelligent but i know he's like 5 years younger than me so i consider him a
My crush wanna only Freindship
One month ago I met this lady older than 10 years to me. She initially talk to me about her ex breakup which is so painful to her. I was listening
Strange behaviour
There's this girl I met through work. She's really cute and I wanted to get to know her better so I started talking to her, and in the end we even
Please Help Im Certain She's the Love of My Life
I think i'm in love with my best friend. Shes beautiful shes smart shes fun to talk to she always supports me and I can always just be myself around

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Im desperate for some advice. Ive been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice